Ninjacat123 and family travel to Tokyo and Kyoto - LIVE land trip June 28 to July 7, 2024!!โ€‹๐Ÿ—พโ€‹

ninjacat123

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Here is one of the tours in Tokyo that I booked through TripAdvisor, Official Street Go-Kart in Shibuya.ย  You dress in costume (looks like big onesies) and drive your go-kart following a guide. Picture is from TripAdvisor site. I wonder if they have a ninjacat outfit?๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

47.jpg

I forgot to add that to take this tour, you need an International Driver Permit. Iโ€™m a AAA member and we were able to get it done quickly. The IDP is only good for a year. We filled out the appropriate form provided by AAA, paid the $20/ person fee and took extremely flattering (NOT) passport pics at AAA (included in our membership). Took about ten minutes per person. YMMV (see what I did there๐Ÿคฃ)

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I am so excited to follow along on this one! Asia is definitely on my bucket list. Safe travels โค๏ธโš“๏ธ

Edited by AKR2011
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

I am so excited to follow along on this one! Asia is definitely on my bucket list. Safe travels โค๏ธโš“๏ธ

I hope this trip gives you some inspiration. Thanks for coming along AKR2011๐Ÿ˜ธ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

And just because some of you out there love kitty pics, here is gray kitty with the more white belly in his Cone of Shame๐Ÿ˜ฟIMG_6629.thumb.jpeg.ab726d0019fb8fa6f88e13f5fa856395.jpeg

I'm here for the cat pics! But why is he in the cone of shame? Have you seen the onesies they put on cats now? Or the round pillows? Those are hilarious too.ย 

(ty for posting in the Carnival board to let us know about this thread!)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PayneAS said:

I'm here for the cat pics! But why is he in the cone of shame? Have you seen the onesies they put on cats now? Or the round pillows? Those are hilarious too.ย 

(ty for posting in the Carnival board to let us know about this thread!)

Gray boy has a propensity for licking his belly too much. Dr put him on antibiotics and steroids and the Cone. His belly looks so much better. Dr appointment tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘

Im so happy you found my LIVE and welcome aboard PayneAS๐Ÿ˜ธ

• Like 3

We just finished watching โ€œTampopoโ€, a 1985 movie with subtitles that makes you hungry for ramen! My DDs hadnโ€™t seen it and it was perfect just before our trip. I love the Italian spaghetti western moments mixed with a โ€œpulp fictionโ€ plethora of interlocking stories.

IMG_6630.thumb.jpeg.a66571d02ab924ad7b43b6564393a50c.jpeg

ย 

ย 

• Like 5

Not sure if you have time but if you want something (else) completely different you could try this.

https://www.teamlab.art/e/planets/

If they are full keep checking as they sometimes become available, on our last day precruise in Tokyo I looked and there were suddenly 8 available. While discussing with DH it went down to three so we were lucky.

We absolutely loved this.

Happy planningย 

ย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Not sure if you have time but if you want something (else) completely different you could try this.

https://www.teamlab.art/e/planets/

If they are full keep checking as they sometimes become available, on our last day precruise in Tokyo I looked and there were suddenly 8 available. While discussing with DH it went down to three so we were lucky.

We absolutely loved this.

Happy planningย 

ย 

Great suggestion and I already have tickets!! The pictures from the website look incredible and it wasnโ€™t that expensive. Thank you for posting cruiseaholic78 and if you have other experiences (tours, restaurants, etc) please post๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fethiyeden said:

Following along. Love your cruise reviews so a land review is a bonus.ย 
Our DDs bucket list trip is Japan also. Maybe one day we will get there.

Thank you fethiyeden, I enjoy reviews LIVE or not and hopefully mine will help someone (you๐Ÿ˜) plan an awesome trip! Welcome๐ŸŽ‰

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

You are welcome just a tip, do follow their advise and wear shorts/trousers that you can roll up.

ย 

For TeamLab?ย  Are we walking barefoot as well?ย  There's a water feature in it, correct? Thanks!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

For TeamLab?ย  Are we walking barefoot as well?ย  Thanks!

The museum is experienced barefoot. Remove all shoes, sandals and other footwear before entering. Water in certain areas andย  water levels can rise to knee height even for adults.

The Osaka TeamLab is outdoorย nighttime exhibition in a Botanical Garden

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

The museum is experienced barefoot. Remove all shoes, sandals and other footwear before entering. Water in certain areas andย  water levels can rise to knee height even for adults.

The Osaka TeamLab is outdoorย nighttime exhibition in a Botanical Garden

We are visiting TeamLab Borderless in Tokyo. Water there as well?

We have tickets for TeamLab Borderless.ย  It looks so cool!ย  And there is a part called En Tea House that has interactive art with tea!ย  I'm having the Green Tea ice cream if it's available.

https://www.teamlab.art/e/tokyo/?_gl=1*9ewpfm*_ga*MTA1ODE1MzY5MC4xNzEyMDgwMTUz*_ga_E4JDR7KSJ2*MTcxOTMzNjMzMS4xMy4xLjE3MTkzMzYzNDMuNDguMC4w#notes

ใƒกใ‚คใƒณใƒ“ใ‚ธใƒฅใ‚ขใƒซ

ย 

• Like 5