Your Time Dining Waitlist

bowen9475

7 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

We have been able to get it changed on board in the past.  Just see the maître d' or host/hostess as soon as possible after you are on board.  

Agree with this. It may depend on the size of your group, but my wife and I have been able to switch once on board.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bowen9475 said:

We were only able to confirm late dining for our cruise in early August. We are on the waitlist for YTD. Anyone ever have luck with a waitlist coming through? If it doesn’t, is there any chance we could get it switched once on the ship?

Which ship are you sailing on? We booked a cruise January 3 on the Jubilee leaving on February 10 (of this year). When I booked, we were waitlisted for YTD. About 10 days after booking, Carnival sent email saying we were confirmed for our YTD request. Could be possible with YTD being done a little differently on the Excel ships that our request was confirmed even with booking so close to the sail date. 

It always has for me. It's been awhile since I've been in that situation but I always found the maitre d email address for the ship and sent a request to him. I don't know if that made a difference or not. Another option would be sending the request to John Heald on fb. If you go that route be sure to tell him I sent you.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 3

This happened to us about eight years ago on the Splendor. We got it switched. Assuming nothing's changed, either dining room can switch you. I'd suggest going to the Assigned Seating dining room and asking them to switch you. That way, you're asking the Assigned Seating maître'd to lessen his workload, instead of asking the Your Time maître'd to increase his workload.

The first time we went to the Your Time dining room and asked for a table, we were told "You need to go the other dining room." We told them the other dining room had switched us. She took a second look at her screen, typed a few keys, and said "Oh, OK." Nobody after that gave us any trouble.