Princess New Limits On Booking EZair Flights Pre & Post Cruise

Astro Flyer

Nearly a week ago it was noted in the following thread on the Princess board that the number of days for booking EZair flights is now limited to 5 days pre & post cruise. Everyone who has posted their experiences noted this change, including for those on other CCL lines (HAL & Seabourn) who found the same new limitation.

The previous Carnival Corporation (CCL) CEO stated that all CCL lines combine their buying power together to get the best airfares possible & thus this change will likely apply to all CCL lines. While this change might not affect shorter distances from home as much, for those flying long haul international flights it could be an issue. We’re flying from LAX to Brisbane & we had already booked our Flexible EZair flights to arrive 4 days before our cruise. The question came up if the 5 day limit was for the arrival or departure date…it’s for the arrival date which Princess uses when checking for EZair flights. Flying to Brisbane we depart on a Tuesday & due to crossing the international dateline will arrive on Thursday…4 days before our cruise.

So just a head’s up for anyone who is considering booking Princess EZair, and likely all other CCL lines. EZair was still our best option having much better airfares with the option to make changes up until 45 days in advance without any fees.

Must be different for UK bookings as I can go back to december 10th for my cruise on 30th December, then up until end of January after my cruise ends on 11th January 2025.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, john1970 said:

Could it have been just an IT glitch? I just looked at a cruise from Sydney leaving 08 March. It let me get an air quote leaving London February 25th. 

9 hours ago, clarky213 said:

Must be different for UK bookings as I can go back to december 10th for my cruise on 30th December, then up until end of January after my cruise ends on 11th January 2025.

Another UK traveler on the Princess board reported being able to book flights more than 5 days before a cruise.

Maybe the UK system has not yet been changed or possibly UK regulations require the longer window to book flights. I have read about procedures that are different between the US & UK however I don’t know if that’s why booking flights differs.

Edited by Astro Flyer

52 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Another UK traveler on the Princess board reported being able to book flights more than 5 days before a cruise.

Maybe the UK system has not yet been changed or possibly UK regulations require the longer window to book flights. I have read about procedures that are different between the US & UK however I don’t know if that’s why booking flights differs.

I don't think we have regulations which make any difference to the flight window. It's either the 'upgrade' hasn't hit yet or the UK market has consumers with a lot more annual leave and with a different booking profile that is more sensitive to the change. 

I connected with Princess in Canada and the response was that if you want or need flights outside of the 5 day window on either side of your cruise contact an EZAir supervisor and they can make it happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CPADWJ said:

Has Princess made any public announcement as to why they have instituted this 5 day restriction?

No one has reported any explanation from Princess (nor from any other CCL lines) about the reason why…no explanation. 🤐

With no official explanation for the new limitation there are only speculations about the reason for this downgrade in EZair. When communicating with Princess some have been told to call them to book flights outside the 5 day limit. However that diminishes the EZair benefit to freely search for each person’s best options because we cannot view available airfares & flights. Having to depend upon a too often inexperienced rep on a phone call is not a good way to book flights.