Dinner suggestion for Amalfi? Things to do?

I hate to say it, but I’m tired of pizza and pasta. Anyone recommend somewhere for dinner that offers something like a good steak or fried fish?  

Tomorrow we have a 7 hour boat tour, with a stop in Positano. Any suggestions for what to do the following day?  We may just hang out at the beach and relax unless there is a must do near. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I hate to say it, but I’m tired of pizza and pasta. Anyone recommend somewhere for dinner that offers something like a good steak or fried fish?  

Tomorrow we have a 7 hour boat tour, with a stop in Positano. Any suggestions for what to do the following day?  We may just hang out at the beach and relax unless there is a must do near. 

Friday - Take a taxi to Ravello.  Walk the grounds of the Villa Cimbrone for the most exquisite vistas of the Amalfi coast.  Also visit Villa Rufolo and the cathedral.  They are all by the main square.  Then taxi back to Amalfi and the beach.

There are many good seafood restaurants.  Stella Maris is right on the beach. Ask your hotel for a recommendation.

Edited by marazul

Posted (edited)

Or if you're feeling really energetic, walk back down from Ravello.  It's actually not far, and entirely downhill.  There are a couple of different routes, someone in Amalfi will sell you a map.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, euro cruiser said:

Or if you're feeling really energetic, walk back down from Ravello.  It's actually not far, and entirely downhill.

Not me!

Posted (edited)

I started to walk up several years ago with one of the kids, we only got about a quarter of the way (we were starting from Minori) when we ran into a handwritten note that said the path was dangerous, there had been a rockfall.  So we walked back down, took the bus to Ravello, and walked down to Amalfi instead.  All those stairs were challenging for the knees, but it was pretty easy overall.

To be honest, if I didn't have a 19 year-old with me wanting to do it, I'm not sure I would have, but I was glad I did.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

I will check them out thanks!

2 hours ago, marazul said:

Friday - Take a taxi to Ravello.  Walk the grounds of the Villa Cimbrone for the most exquisite vistas of the Amalfi coast.  Also visit Villa Rufolo and the cathedral.  They are all by the main square.  Then taxi back to Amalfi and the beach.

There are many good seafood restaurants.  Stella Maris is right on the beach. Ask your hotel for a recommendation.

I knew there was a place like this but couldn’t remember the name. Thanks so much!  

Second the suggestion for Marina Grande. It's excellent.

thanks!

2 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

Or if you're feeling really energetic, walk back down from Ravello.  It's actually not far, and entirely downhill.  There are a couple of different routes, someone in Amalfi will sell you a map.

Not feeling energetic after 5 days in Rome. That place was very interesting but I’m ready to relax!  lol 

Did you visit the cathedral (duomo) in Amalfi? 

We just got here today and this happens to be a special occasion for them, the Festival of Sant’ Andrea. We enjoyed some of the festivities associated with it, including them running up the steps and are currently waiting for the fireworks to begin. We do plan to go inside the before we leave. 

• Like 1

Have to smile at Marazul's suggestion of walking up to Ravello.  We agree that Ravello is worht a visit, but that walk is not my style,..and I am a walker who thinks 10 mile strolls are just fun.  You can catch an inexpensive local bus from the square in Amalfi or grab a taxi (if you can find one).  DW claims that the best Limoncello she has ever had (anywhere) was in Ravello.

Hank

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, marazul said:

Not me! Blame @euro cruiser who must be 20 times more athletic than I will ever be! 

Taxi! Taxi! I don't do buses either.

Truly sorry.  So we shift the blame to "Euro"   LOL.  For the record, we recently walked down the donkey trail on Santorini, but Ravello is a "bridge too far."

• Haha 1