A MUST when in KW for breakfast or lunch!

sakigemcam

We stumbled upon this small bistro GEM just a half block off Duval Street. It’s better than any breakfast we’ve had in the States but also for brunch, lunch, or just coffee and pastries. 

It’s run by a hardworking young team and while it’s small there’s a lot of bustle so no one had a problem finding a seat even if with just a few minutes’s wait. 

The coffee was divine; my americano with oat milk perfect. My avocado toast was served on a slice of sourdough with a delicious roasted tomato topping, an entire sliced avocado topped with pesto, on a bed of arugula. Fabulous. Others in my party had equally perfect meals and none of us could resist the in-house made French pastries! 

A nice break in from cruise cuisine and a 10-15 minute walk from the pier past all the Duval businesses or more charming side streets. Highly highly recommend 

I was on a land trip to Key West this past April. My fav place for breakfast was Blue Heaven. There may be a wait, but it is so good I went twice. They have fresh squeezed orange juice that they use in their mimosas and screwdrivers. I'm not a grits person, but their Shrimp and grits somewhat converted me. The banana bread reminds me of my grandmother's...so good!  Oh and the chocolate martinis are so good I had like 3!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2024 at 8:51 AM, keywester33 said:

It would be nice to name the restaurant. 😂🤯😂

I’m guessing I might be Sunny Eggs on Fleming Street, but let us know.

I agree - it's Sunny Eggs. She also left a review on TripAdvisor. Kind of hard to take someone up on their recommendation if you don't know the name of the place! 😂🤦‍♀️

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34345-d27177050-Reviews-Sunny_Eggs-Key_West_Florida_Keys_Florida.html

There are SO many good breakfast restaurants in Key West. Our current favorites are La Grignote, Bagatelle and Goldman's Deli. We also like Rams Head and Banana Cafe. Blue Heaven is fun every now and then but we don't go there as often as we once did.