Recent Oceania Survey - Itineraries

WESTEAST

Received a recent survey from Oceania with 10 sets of multiple-choice questions wherein you had a choice of two itineraries. Disappointed in that one could not leave any comments/feedback on what itineraries we wish were included more of Asia, South Africa, Australia and too many itineraries were long voyages - 42 days which we would never consider.  Hence, some choices were by number of cruise days versus the actual itinerary. 

• Like 1

Assuming it was an internet survey. Are you one of the O cruisers who are a part of the group O established for Customer Surveys? My DW gets the O surveys, not the one your referenced however, and for some reason I get the Regent surveys 🤪 but have never sailed on the line but she had. Oh well.

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, WESTEAST said:

... Disappointed in that one could not leave any comments/feedback on what itineraries we wish were included more of Asia, South Africa, Australia and too many itineraries were long voyages - 42 days which we would never consider....

If only O would have a 12-18 day cruise that covered E. Africa and Madagascar. The only thing they seem to have remotely connected is tied to a long 34-day cruise that includes places I could care less about. Begged the on-board cruise consultant if she could chop it down to the part I wanted, since she used a "cake" analogy, about longer cruises being cut into smaller pieces of cake. But no such luck.

It is called Oceania Cruises Insights Panel,

My problem with the survey is that there was no option for neither or none of the above. You were forced to choose between one of two. Many of them I had already done, and the other choice I wasn't really interested in. Also given the choice of a 35 day cruise or a 7 day cruise I'm going to choose 35 days, although I probably wouldn't go on one that long. Our longest cruise was 32 days and it was longer than I prefer. I find 18 to 25 days about right. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 2

Agree 100 % with ORV concerning the Survey. Most of we Americans aren’t going to fly 24+ hours for a 7-10 day cruise. If the Embarkment or Disembark port is one we’ve already spent considerable time in, it’s a double no go.

Get much beyond 20 days and the odds of the Cruise of the Ancients, which my friends experienced this past winter, increases significantly, especially on R ships. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

and too many itineraries were long voyages - 42 days which we would never consider.  Hence, some choices were by number of cruise days versus the actual itinerary. 

It would be interesting to know how many of those voyages were only a single segment and wouldn't be able to be booked, in part, as shorter segments.

My guess would be few.

I am on a 32 day single segment cruise later this year.

But that was a relatively short notice itinerary published only 12 months ahead of departure due to Red Sea disruption.

Are there many single segment cruises longer than 20-25 days ?

Edited by Tranquility Base

25 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

It would be interesting to know how many of those voyages were only a single segment and wouldn't be able to be booked, in part, as shorter segments.

My guess would be few.

I am on a 32 day single segment cruise later this year.

But that was a relatively short notice itinerary published only 12 months ahead of departure due to Red Sea disruption.

Are there many single segment cruises longer than 20-25 days ?

I'm pretty sure that the ones that start or end in Cape Town are the longest (mid/upper 20s) itineraries that can't be broken down into shorter itineraries. I may be wrong...possibly a repositioning itinerary that snuck past me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I'm pretty sure that the ones that start or end in Cape Town are the longest (mid/upper 20s) itineraries that can't be broken down into shorter itineraries.

Correct.

There is a 35 day single segment to Cape Town next April.

Often that could be split with a segment changeover in Mumbai, but that particular one doesn't go there.

So, most of the longer single segments would appear to be not much longer than around 25 days, with only a few over 30.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1