QA H418 28th July formal nights

rog747

Hi there everyone just a quickie I'm still trying to get away for a convalescence cruise after my operation and may book this

and just wondered if anyone is booked on this one how many formal gala nights there are as I may be going with my sister and she wants to know how many frocks to pack thank you 

7 minutes ago, rog747 said:

Hi there everyone just a quickie I'm still trying to get away for a convalescence cruise after my operation and may book this

and just wondered if anyone is booked on this one how many formal gala nights there are as I may be going with my sister and she wants to know how many frocks to pack thank you 

There is no rule that says she needs a different frock every night, however onerous the dress code. 😀

• Haha 2

Rog, if you look at the sticky topics at the top of the forum, one is about dress code and theme schedules, and BlueMarble helpfully collates all the details for every cruise and every date on a set of documents (one per ship). From a quick look on there it appears that there will be 4 gala nights on that cruise, assuming you will be sailing for the full two weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, david63 said:

There is in our house😂😇

There used to be that same evening dress [and evening trousers] rule here too but having already revised the house shoe rules pre Covid, after wearing particular favourites more than once in May, I am revising the evening attire house rules too. Should make packing easier. 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you all, I haven't booked yet.
There are still a few inside cabins left at a good price.
Lots' of those sideways cabins which I think are better.

I see my Spinal Team today (post-op) and I'll book later this week if I think I am OK to go.

My sister, is happy she only has to do a handful of blingy nights LOL.
She does love dressing up tho' she is a very smart lady almost 82....and she is fitter than me!

DSC_2040.JPG

DSC_2035.JPG

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rog747 said:

Thank you all, I haven't booked yet.
There are still a few inside cabins left at a good price.
Lots' of those sideways cabins which I think are better.

I see my Spinal Team today (post-op) and I'll book later this week if I think I am OK to go.

My sister, is happy she only has to do a handful of blingy nights LOL.
She does love dressing up tho' she is a very smart lady almost 82....and she is fitter than me!

DSC_2040.JPG

DSC_2035.JPG

I went on a tour of QA on Sunday. I was very impressed with the sideways insides and would definitely prefer one if was booking an inside. I like the way the bathroom and wardrobes were off to the side. Thought it was lovely cabin. I am also on this sailing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

I'm on it, too, though only joining in Rome-ish. And one of the gala nights is on my birthday, which I like to think Cunard arranged particularly for me.

I love referring to Civitavecchia as Rome-ish. Cunard can start calling Soton London-ish in its US material. 😀😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

We are also on this cruise, my first one ever. Never done “black tie” before either. Looking forward to wearing a tuxedo for the very first time.

• Like 2