Restaurants in boston?

latebuyer

17 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m not sure if there is any food boston is known for? Any restaurant suggestions? I’ll be near boston common but can uber. I’m willing to splurge but pub food is good too.

Boston is mostly known for Seafood.  Lots of good pubs, too.  It's a big city, anything you want, you can find.

Boston Common is big.  Let us know which hotel and how far you are comfortable walking and we can make suggestions

17 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m not sure if there is any food boston is known for?

Mainly "known" for seafood. Neptune Oyster in the North End would be my pick for best overall in that category. Excellent lobster rolls and chowder. 

I've started spending more time in Boston recently for work trips and frankly have to say that the food scene is fine but nothing nearly as exciting as other Northeast cities. A LOT of chain restaurants and corporate steakhouses. 

Around Boston Common two steakhouses I really like are Mooo in Beacon Hill and Grill 23. Both of them have nice bars you can sit at that have slightly more casual menus than the main dining room. 

If you're looking for a nice neighborhood pub that isn't really a pub look at 75 Chestnut in Beacon Hill-- great elevated comfort food. Parish Cafe near the Public Garden is excellent for sandwiches. Nearby the Street Bar at the Newbury Hotel has great bar food-- one of the better hotel bar turkey clubs I've had and has become a go to. 

Thanks, i am solo so bar seating would be good. I am staying at hi boston unless i change my mind and stay at onyx boston, the next cheapest hotel i can find. So given cheap accommodation (only 100.00) i feel i can have a nice meal, keeping in mind i’m canadian and exchange rate brutal! Grill 23 doesn’t look that far so i’ll check that out. I’ll check out seafood restaurant as i’m from vancouver and interested what diifferent types of fish you have here.

Edited by latebuyer

9 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Yes that oyster house definitely has interesting fish.Someone else mentions james hook and co for lobster roll.

James Hook is good but it's not a real restaurant-- mainly a seafood market that has some outside seating. It's very good and very fresh but just keep in mind that it's very casual and adverse weather conditions can limit your enjoyment being the seating is outside.  

11 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks, it looks like i can get to neptune oyster by going on the orange line from chinatown to haymarket. They had some interesting fish entrees that aren’t too expensive.

It's a 25 minute walk from the Hostel to Neptune.  Probably not more than 25 minutes from there to anywhere.  And you can walk on the Freedom Trail for most of the course, or thru the Public Garden and Boston Common if you prefer, for only a few minutes longer trip

• Like 1