In Airlie Beach Today

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

Wow, how generous Pacific Encounter is with chairs - the tub chair that is no more than a nostalgic memory on Princess, plus a desk chair. How decadent 😉

Only because they are left over from their Princess days, and nobody has threatened to sue P&O after stubbing their toes on them. 🤣

• Haha 3

Sorry, going off topic a tad - I've often thought of purloining one for our cabin from a public area but have never been brave enough. Also don't want raised eyebrows or eye rolling from our cabin steward 😔

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Sorry, going off topic a tad - I've often thought of purloining one for our cabin from a public area but have never been brave enough. Also don't want raised eyebrows or eye rolling from our cabin steward 😔

My last trip on Grand Princess I brought one of the balcony chairs into the cabin and covered it in beach towels and a cushion.  Cabin steward didn't say anything.  We did have a difference of opinion as to where the waste bin would go.  He wanted it under the desk which meant it was in the way of my feet each time I sat down and I kept putting it at the side of the fridge cupboard on the opposite wall.  Nothing was said, we just kept playing the moving game.   However about half way through the cruise (it was 14 nights) he gave up moving it back each day and I won.

• Haha 5

We had a steward on one of our cruises who we decided had a shoe fettish. We're tidy people anyway but he nevertheless always lined our shoes and slippers up neatly along the blank wall 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jean C said:

Wow, how generous Pacific Encounter is with chairs - the tub chair that is no more than a nostalgic memory on Princess, plus a desk chair. How decadent 😉

Upgrade to a mini suite and you get a tub chair, a desk chair and a sofa!! Oh, be still my beating heart!😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

I can just SEE you wrestling it into the lift!🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

I can just SEE you wrestling it into the lift!🤣

and wearing a hoodie with my head bent low, avoiding recognition by the security cameras 😄

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

and wearing a hoodie with my head bent low, avoiding recognition by the security cameras 😄

After last months incident on Carnival Paradise, all chairs are being closely monitored.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

After last months incident on Carnival Paradise, all chairs are being closely monitored.

Might be a bit difficult to swing a tub chair. Yet another reason to avoid the buffet. That was a food fight on steroids!🙄

• Haha 3

On 7/9/2024 at 11:25 AM, Sparky74 said:

We booked an inferior cabin but I bid for and won an upgrade to an obstructed oceanview for $50/person. 
It was a VERY obstructed view but we were happy to have natural light in the cabin. 

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3084.jpeg

Well done. That is a beautiful room.  I can't live without light so that is all I need as a minimum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Well done. That is a beautiful room.  I can't live without light so that is all I need as a minimum.

It was a lovely room. I do like the "Princess" layout with the walk-in wardrobe outside bathroom although I’m not a fan of the sensor light. When we’re back on the Pacific Encounter next month I’m going to try covering the sensor with a little piece of duct tape. 

The photo shows more "view" than there was; it must be the angle from which it was taken. 🤷‍♂️

In the past when we’ve had a balcony we’ve hardly used it. If (when) we cruise Alaska again we'd probably book an inferior cabin (as use the 💵 for shore excursions) as the days a so long and we didn’t use the balcony on that cruise. Actually I’d have to check if we had a balcony or just an oceanview. 🤣

Having said all that, last night I booked 7 nights on Ovation OTS for our 15th wedding anniversary in November. I got the moths out of my wallet and chose a balcony as it’s a special occasion. I haven’t told DW what cabin category we're in. I did look at the price of a suite but then had to have a lie down! 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

It was a lovely room. I do like the "Princess" layout with the walk-in wardrobe outside bathroom although I’m not a fan of the sensor light. When we’re back on the Pacific Encounter next month I’m going to try covering the sensor with a little piece of duct tape. 

The photo shows more "view" than there was; it must be the angle from which it was taken. 🤷‍♂️

In the past when we’ve had a balcony we’ve hardly used it. If (when) we cruise Alaska again we'd probably book an inferior cabin (as use the 💵 for shore excursions) as the days a so long and we didn’t use the balcony on that cruise. Actually I’d have to check if we had a balcony or just an oceanview. 🤣

Having said all that, last night I booked 7 nights on Ovation OTS for our 15th wedding anniversary in November. I got the moths out of my wallet and chose a balcony as it’s a special occasion. I haven’t told DW what cabin category we're in. I did look at the price of a suite but then had to have a lie down! 😱

I am sure DW deserves cabin 8320.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

i found the use of balcony depends on weather conditions and amount of time available to use the balcony (eg less port intensive). Best value is obstructive view balcony (between boats)..

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am sure DW deserves cabin 8320.

I’m sure she does too but I would hate for her to be imprisoned for murder. 
I can’t see a price for that suite on my favourite booking site but 8720 is showing at $31,286. 
We wouldn’t be offended if you wanted to pay for an upgrade as anniversary gift to us, Geoff. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

I’m sure she does too but I would hate for her to be imprisoned for murder. 
I can’t see a price for that suite on my favourite booking site but 8720 is showing at $31,286. 
We wouldn’t be offended if you wanted to pay for an upgrade as anniversary gift to us, Geoff. 🤣🤣🤣

Send the plate around for another lap. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4