Arvia Retreat Unavailable on any dates

We have just booked to go on Arvia again in 2025 and as soon as we booked, we tried to reserve a place in the retreat.

It would not let us book. Seems like the webpage has no pricing on it.

So we called customer services. Only to be told that she was getting the same issue with her system and it was probably sold out.

As we don't really mind when we travel, we asked if the retreat was available on any other dates.

She tried dates ranging from December 24 to April 25 and seemed to think the retreat was booked on every single cruise.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have checked my bookings for you. For 2024 it says sold out. For next year it says coming soon. Different ships but I think if it was sold out it would say so.

Posted (edited)

It is possible that it may have sold out for your cruise as there is only so many places available for the retreat.

DIfferent ship not that it helps you. I’m off on Britannia in February 2025 to the Caribbean and just checked my account and for Spa retreat it now showing as sold out.

Edited by Barbadossunshine

1 hour ago, happy v said:

It probably isn't available yet.

Thanks for your reply 🙂
I hope thats the case as we couldn't understand why every cruise that was checked didnt seem to be available or it was already booked up.

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:11 AM, Lizzy_Wizz said:

We have just booked to go on Arvia again in 2025 and as soon as we booked, we tried to reserve a place in the retreat.

It would not let us book. Seems like the webpage has no pricing on it.

So we called customer services. Only to be told that she was getting the same issue with her system and it was probably sold out.

As we don't really mind when we travel, we asked if the retreat was available on any other dates.

She tried dates ranging from December 24 to April 25 and seemed to think the retreat was booked on every single cruise.

Has anyone else experienced this?

What month are you going ? May not have opened the bookings yet? I think the agent could also not book as too early maybe? 🤔 

We had an aft cabin on Arvia last January for our Caribbean and have the same in December.  The Retreat is coming in at £1000 for both of us but was sold out as it was for the previous cruise.

Lovely as it would be and we can afford it but after Januarys cruise we don't feel we're missing out and personally £1000 seems alot when you're not even guaranteed a spot in the sun.  That said you'd could argue a room upgrade might be worth £71 a day and drinks are thrown in (within reason). However we have a large balcony that we can basically lie almost flat out on, usually get sun for a decent chunk of day, generous OBC to cover drinks and its a bloody long walk from the back of the ship when you've forgotten your book. 

That aside both cruises were booked well in advance and on both occasions the Retreat was sold out very early on. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a bug on the website (it was there in April), where a "sold out" notification flashed up, but if you continued with trying to book The Retreat, there was in fact space.  It maybe that P&O still hasn't fixed the bug.  So I'd encourage you to ignore the message and see if you can still proceed to book.

Please do report back if there is success!

44 minutes ago, BertieRulesOK said:

There was a bug on the website (it was there in April), where a "sold out" notification flashed up, but if you continued with trying to book The Retreat, there was in fact space.  It maybe that P&O still hasn't fixed the bug.  So I'd encourage you to ignore the message and see if you can still proceed to book.

Please do report back if there is success!

Yes thats what happens. Sold out flashes up but then it seemingly lets you select a passenger to book for, but the total remains at £0.00 and will not allow you to proceed. 

When we called customer services for them to book for us they said that their portal behaved the same for every date they tried. 

Will report back if we have any more success as they will allow us to change our cruise date, just waiting for them to confirm availability.