New Dining Reservations-ship by ship and Dining Room location

12 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@amajaa

I would just keep checking reservations to make sure they’re there. But the Sky Princess from what Cruise critic members are posting is the only ship that I am having confusion on.
So perhaps this Soleil dining room ( 2024 & 2025?) is reservable every 20 minutes AND traditional ?? haven’t been able to figure that out yet.

Passengers are just reporting the ship, the dining room, not the ship and some are  posting November or month,but not the year .

so I am trying to figure it out as best as possible and post it all in one place. But the Sky princess -I agree all over the place.

But you will definitely have your anniversary dinner in a dining room -if that’s what you wish ,it will happen . Positive vibes for you.

Thanks it will be 50 years . We normally request a table for 2 now as my Husband can't hear the conversations and therefore can't join in any more unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Little help…..

Has anyone booked the Sky Princess in 2024 or 2025 and been able to book/ make a reservation for traditional dining at 5:30pm or 7:50 PM ? and which dining room have you actually booked?

Not asking about reservable dining room, which is every 20 minute time slots - seems to be pretty consistent with the Soleil dining room for 2024 and 2025 voyages.

Thanks.

I can book Soleil on Sky Princess in June 2025 at both 17:30 and 19:50.

• Like 1

Little help…..

Has anyone booked the Sky Princess in 2024 or 2025 and been able to book/ make a reservation for traditional dining at 5:30pm or 7:50 PM ? and which dining room have you actually booked?

Not asking about reservable dining room, which is every 20 minute time slots - seems to be pretty consistent with the Soleil dining room for 2024 and 2025 voyages.

Thanks.

I can book Soleil on Sky Princess in June 2025 at both 17:30 and 19:50.

On 7/1/2024 at 10:56 PM, arizonaperson said:

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of today their dining room reservation. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book today.

Hopefully , others can just add to this list to keep everybody informed.

The reservable a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.
Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

Open seating AKA walk-in is just that. 

Caribbean Princess 

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Coral dining room is walk-in?
And Palm Is  reservable?

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable

Michelangelo is traditional

Diamond Princess

Savoy and Vivaldi are reservable

International dining room is traditional at 5:20 PM and 7:50 pm

Pacific Moon and Santa Fe are walk-in 

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -I believe is reservable

Emerald Princess 

Michelangelo is traditional

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Botticelli is reservable

Royal Princess

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

18 hours ago, amajaa said:

I'm getting a bit worried as I have booked Soleil for November, a table for 2 for the 2 weeks which includes our wedding anniversary . I'm worried that as some people are saying it's the fixed dining, although it's showing slots every 20 minutes on my app ( I have updated it and still showing the same ) that they are going to suddenly cancel my reservations and we've not going to get our anniversary dinner. 

I wouldn't worry. We are booked for the Soleil in September. We wanted the set dining for 7.50 (19.50), but had to book for 7.30 (19.30) as there was only booking available for shared seating up to and including the 7.30 sitting and as you say 20 minute intervals, but no fixed dining times, after that on Private dining which I understand means only those booked together on your cruise as with myself and wife. I don't know what happens for those who are together as a party with different cabins as I am not sure if Private just means two or can mean more. It is very confusing. But best not to fret about it. I'm sure it will be fine even if you have to do a  bit of sorting out once aboard.

Little help…..

Thanks.

Hi this is what I posted on another thread,

Hi, We are on Sky September 2025 and April 2026. I’m Platinum so can book dining now. On the app all I could see was Soleil with multiple slots. I checked next day and it was only showing 17.30 and 19.50 although on my web version it still showed many time slots for Soleil. I have never seen anything for the other dining rooms.

I have just rang Princess and she has told me that Soleil is the traditional early/late sittings and she has booked it for me and it now shows my reservations on my app.

I asked why Soleil still showed many booking times for Soleil and she said the web has not been updated yet.
I have also booked Soleil for the 2026 sailing although it shows bookings every 20 mins.  Both Cielo and Estrella have never shown any availability for me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sarahuk said:

Hi this is what I posted on another thread,

Hi, We are on Sky September 2025 and April 2026. I’m Platinum so can book dining now. On the app all I could see was Soleil with multiple slots. I checked next day and it was only showing 17.30 and 19.50 although on my web version it still showed many time slots for Soleil. I have never seen anything for the other dining rooms.

I have just rang Princess and she has told me that Soleil is the traditional early/late sittings and she has booked it for me and it now shows my reservations on my app.

I asked why Soleil still showed many booking times for Soleil and she said the web has not been updated yet.
I have also booked Soleil for the 2026 sailing although it shows bookings every 20 mins.  Both Cielo and Estrella have never shown any availability for me.

Sky is definitely screwed up at the moment, for my June 2025 sailing I can see all 3 MDR's, Estrella is walk-ins, Soleil is traditional (17:30 and 19:50) and Cielo is for reservations with 20 minute intervals.

I can book now even though I am not yet paid in full or Platinum/Elite.

Edited by Boku

2 hours ago, Ggrun5673 said:

What about Majestic options? Thank you.

What month and year are you trying to book dinner reservations for? Sometimes it’s too early to book. Sometimes Princess has not loaded all the reservations. A lot of people are looking at the their particular voyage, but are not actually booking and so what they’re seeing on the app or web version is different from what they can actually book. Unfortunately, I am just trying to report what people are booking, but I don’t know necessarily that they’re not booking. They just tell me that’s what they see, which is a little bit different than what can actually be booked.

Here is The Majestic:

Majestic Princess- 2024-2025

Symphony -Traditional at 5pm (private table available or shared ) & 7:30 pm( only private table)

Allegro- reservable  every 20 minutes 5 pm- 8:20 pm

Concerto-Walk ins

Majestic 2026-passengers can see that this is available ,but cannot reserve yet as of July 6, 2024

Symphony- reservable every 20 minute time slots (5 pm to 6:20 pm shared or private table) 

6:40 pm -7:40 pm private table only

Allegro- not available yet

Concerto - not available yet

@Boku thank you for the information for the Sky Princess -pretty much what I had listed.

So you said you were able to book, but did you?

thank you for the information that says that you are not paid in full and you are not elite and you are not platinum. Yes I am finding out that quite a few people are able to book with the exact parameters that you just stated.

@sarahuk thank you so much and glad that you called Princess and got all this sorted out. (I have been trying to suggest to people that have a travel agent to reach out to them to get this dining sorted out, but don’t know what the results were )

So if I have this correct, you are booked for dining reservations, September 2025 on the Sky princess in the  Soleil dining room for traditional?

Your next voyage is on the Sky princess April 2026 in Soleil and when you go to the app or Web version you see Soleil reservable dining every 20 minutes, but it is really traditional and you have booked traditional dining through the phone with Princess .Do I have all this correct?

appreciate all your information.

Sky Princess

Don't think that they have a clue re what's happening in Soleil. Just been on chat to try to clarify and have been told that Soleil is Trad Dining at 17:00 and 19:30, yet next May it shows as 17:30 and 19:50. There are no options at all for 17:00 for Nov or next May. I am told that you can only book slots up to 20:20, even though I pointed out that they are available up to 21:10!

We always opt for Soleil but don't want to book traditional dining and don't want to book a slot that is the same time as traditional dining as there's sure to be a huge queue just to get in, since there's always a wait already without traditional dining.

No idea why they are allowing 20 minute slots in what is supposed to be the traditional dining venue at all.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Boku thank you for the information for the Sky Princess -pretty much what I had listed.

So you said you were able to book, but did you?

thank you for the information that says that you are not paid in full and you are not elite and you are not platinum. Yes I am finding out that quite a few people are able to book with the exact parameters that you just stated.

I did book for both times on different days with a private table but canceled as I don’t want traditional dining at those times. I just did it as a test.

28 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@sarahuk thank you so much and glad that you called Princess and got all this sorted out. (I have been trying to suggest to people that have a travel agent to reach out to them to get this dining sorted out, but don’t know what the results were )

So if I have this correct, you are booked for dining reservations, September 2025 on the Sky princess in the  Soleil dining room for traditional?

Your next voyage is on the Sky princess April 2026 in Soleil and when you go to the app or Web version you see Soleil reservable dining every 20 minutes, but it is really traditional and you have booked traditional dining through the phone with Princess .Do I have all this correct?

appreciate all your information.

I only booked the September 2025 on the phone with Princess.

The April 2026 I booked myself for Soleil on line. It was showing times every 20 mins so I booked 17.30 as I assume it will be the traditional as in 2025 . Of course no one can be absolutely sure!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boku said:

I did book for both times on different days with a private table but canceled as I don’t want traditional dining at those times. I just did it as a test.

Sorry now even I’m confused.

When you say you booked for both times (Traditional) on different days,but canceled …..

what does that mean?? so you booked Soleil dining room at 5:30 pm and 7:50 PM  on different days ,but cancelled?? if I’m understanding correctly, you just wanted to see if traditional was available at both of those times, but that was not the dining type that you wanted?

so what ( what dining room)  did you actually book for the Sky princess -that’s what I’m trying to list so everyone knows ship by ship what is available for them to actually make a reservation. What month and what year is your voyage?

Of course, subject to availability when it’s full ,it’s full.
thank you so much for your help. There are so many variables and people are omitting information and I think that’s why the Sky has become so confusing.

Posted (edited)

I will update Sky Princess after I gather a little bit more information.

It would be very helpful though if passengers would list what they’ve actually booked and not what they’re seeing on the app or the Web version without actually booking.I think that’s what’s making it so confusing for the Sky princess ,especially. I know those of you that are having difficulty with booking your dining reservations with this new system, please enlist the help of your travel agent ,if you have one or keep trying the app, or call Princess and try to have them make the reservation for you .I don’t know how successful passengers have been able to do this with all the long wait times and the call center being outsourced, etc. but  I just know passengers are booking their dinner/ dining reservations and no ,it should not be this difficult ,but honestly, you will get dinner on the ship -maybe not your first choice, but there is a walk-in dining room on every ship that I can see so far .

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

I will update Sky Princess after I gather a little bit more information.

It would be very helpful though if passengers would list what they’ve actually booked and not what they’re seeing on the app or the Web version without actually booking.I think that’s what’s making it so confusing for the Sky princess ,especially. I know those of you that are having difficulty with booking your dining reservations with this new system, please enlist the help of your travel agent ,if you have one or keep trying the app, or call Princess and try to have them make the reservation for you .I don’t know how successful passengers have been able to do this with all the long wait times and the call center being outsourced, etc. but  I just know passengers are booking their dinner/ dining reservations and no ,it should not be this difficult ,but honestly, you will get dinner on the ship -maybe not your first choice, but there is a walk-in dining room on every ship that I can see so far .

I have booked Soleil in Nov 24 on the 20 minutes slots,  not selecting the same time every day option. For May 25 the only option is Soleil at 7.30 or 9.50 ( doesn't match what I was told today on chat. Have been able to book Ceilo in 20 minute slots.

3 hours ago, Boku said:

Sky is definitely screwed up at the moment..

I can book now even though I am not yet paid in full or Platinum/Elite.

No, the entire system is screwed up at the moment.  I took am only Ruby, have not paid in full and can't make reservations for April 2025 on the Enchanted. I'll either have to wait till I turn Platinum in October or pay it off early. 

Luckily 2025 bookings opened up last night on the Sun, so our January booking is now covered.

@rosevew are you sure for your Sky princess May 2025 voyage that you are seeing on your app or web version dinner reservations at 7:30 PM or 9:50 PM?? It should say 5:30 PM and 7:50 PM.??

But if I understand you correctly for your May 2025 voyage you booked Celio, which at the moment is showing you Reservations every 20 minute slots, is that correct?

OK, your November 2024 voyage/ cruise…You have booked the Soleil restaurant on the Sky Princess in the reservable dining room, which is  every 20 minute slots. do I have that correct?

Thank you so much for getting this reported correctly.

For anyone else that is reading this and it pertains to the Sky princess please just let me know what you have actually booked ( dinner reservations) and what month and what year your voyage is. I think it would be a lot less confusing if I post the correct information as far as what is actually being booked. The Sky princess is a little confusing right now . App shows one thing ;people are able to do something else, etc.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 11:31 PM, Rio20 said:

I'm on the Coral in April, tried to get Traditional dining, private table, for the entire cruise, but couldn't.  It would only give me a private table on 5 of the 16 nights, the other nights had to be shared.  So much for same table, same waiter... another Princess screw up.

We are on the Coral for 32 days in October.  I was on the app on July 1st...first thing.  I could book private table for 7:20 for many nights but then the problem began....halfway through, I could only book shared table which we don't want.  I find it hard to believe that everyone else on the ship just booked ahead of me...the ship isn't even full.  I believe it is a glitch in the system which remains messed up.  I tried every day since to update hoping they have fixed the problem, but nope, still terrible.  Thank goodness I had already made specialty dining reservation months ago and those remained even as they removed all my MDR reservation.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Sorry now even I’m confused.

When you say you booked for both times (Traditional) on different days,but canceled …..

what does that mean?? so you booked Soleil dining room at 5:30 pm and 7:50 PM  on different days ,but cancelled?? if I’m understanding correctly, you just wanted to see if traditional was available at both of those times, but that was not the dining type that you wanted?

so what ( what dining room)  did you actually book for the Sky princess -that’s what I’m trying to list so everyone knows ship by ship what is available for them to actually make a reservation. What month and what year is your voyage?

Of course, subject to availability when it’s full ,it’s full.
thank you so much for your help. There are so many variables and people are omitting information and I think that’s why the Sky has become so confusing.

Hi there. To clarify my experience on Sky Princess for my cruise in June 2025........

I can access all 3 MDR's on the app, Estrella is not available to book so must be for walk-ins, Soleil is traditional dining at either 17:30 or 19:50 and I can book for both times with a private table for 2, Cielo is for reservations only and has times available a 20 minute intervals which i am also able to book.

All bookings where for testing only and I cancelled them after being confirmed.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Edited by Boku

6 hours ago, Ggrun5673 said:

What about Majestic options? Thank you.

We booked the Majestic for July 2025.in the Symphony dining room.  The two times were 5 and 7:30.  We chose 7:30,  a private table.  

@Boku so what did you actually book? Or did you cancel everything? Thank you so much again for your help .

I am really just trying to keep a list of what everyone is booking, that will keep the confusion to a minimum when passengers are looking at their particular ship and dining room.