Is 11:14 am flight too early? YUL

The ship arrives on September 19 and overnights in Montreal.

We want to leave on the 20th.

I first booked a non stop that departed at 9:20 a.m., but decided that was too early and cancelled.

There is an 11:14 a.m. flight and a 12:30 p.m. flight.   

Is 11:14 too early?

If the ship overnights in Montreal then you can take any flight you want as you can get off the ship anytime after the ship clears on the 19th though I am guessing your ship cleared at an earlier Canadian port so no delay at all.  Don't know your itinerary but have rarely heard of Montreal being your first point of entry and last port in Canada at the same time. 

There is no problem with the 11:14 flight and wouldn't have been a problem if you had kept your 9:20 flight other than having to get up very early to get to the airport and go through security and US pre-clearance. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TomTN said:

I first booked a non stop that departed at 9:20 a.m., but decided that was too early and cancelled.

For us, we would most likely book a 12:30 flight. We don't like stress when traveling so giving yourself the max amount of time to disembark and get to the airport is what we would do. Again, Montreal road construction in the summer makes a mess out of driving.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

For us, we would most likely book a 12:30 flight. We don't like stress when traveling so giving yourself the max amount of time to disembark and get to the airport is what we would do. Again, Montreal road construction in the summer makes a mess out of driving.

but since the ship arrives at Montreal port the night before, they can get off any time in the morning.  Also, an early flight can avoid morning rush hour traffic.  So in this case, the earlier the better.  

My guess is it would be good to hand-carry luggage off the ship, just in case, given you must leave  so early (in case the staff  can't find it in time early in the chaotic morning -- unless you can easily get another flight if you miss yours). 

6 hours ago, TomTN said:

Just me, but at the end of my cruise I want to hide in the closet to stay on the ship.

I would book the 12:30 so I can have breakfast and not stress about getting to the airport.

• Like 1

If you can really get off anytime that morning, go for the flight that you feel comfortable with.  We have the same thing in Tokyo, the ship arrives one day before the cruise is over.  We have no choice, the best flight for us leaves at 10:35AM, hoping we can get off the ship at 6:30AM.

I would arrange transportation ahead of time if you choose to get off the ship very early AM or late PM the day before.  It is not a super busy port and taxis were sparse when we were there last September.

• Like 2