Is Celebrity chasing a younger demographic?  The E class ships are more loud and shouty in the dining venues and bars vs more refined and relaxing.  What can we expect on the next class of Celebrity ships.

BYW the S class ships are the most popular here on this site according to polls.  Why was E class built and not an improved S class ship?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I can definitively say no, we are not chasing a younger demographic. We are working every day to elevate our experience for YOU. That experience is focused on elevated hospitality, premium food and drink options, beautiful new destinations, and unique experiences. The core Celebrity guest will always be our north star. 

The future for Celebrity Cruises is to deliver experiences to our guests that they didn’t know they needed, and once experienced, cannot live without. 

I truly love all our classes of ships. They each have a distinct feel and vibe. That said, each guest I encounter and have the pleasure of connecting with has a different view on it--which is great! As we think through the next class of ships, we will ensure we embody the traditional things you all love, while also evolving some concepts, and revolutionizing the premium space with new things as well.

Our job is to bring to life products and experiences you will LOVE! That is always the goal.

• Like 4

On 7/4/2024 at 12:15 AM, NMTraveller said:

Is Celebrity chasing a younger demographic?  The E class ships are more loud and shouty in the dining venues and bars vs more refined and relaxing.  What can we expect on the next class of Celebrity ships.

BYW the S class ships are the most popular here on this site according to polls.  Why was E class built and not an improved S class ship?

Good question and while I appreciate the response from Laura, on our last cruise in March (while I understand people with families had time off), it appeared the shows started much later at night than in the past.    

We stopped sailing celebrity due to the feeling that celebrity was chasing a new demographic 

we have sailed Silversea once and RCCL appears to be just cutting everywhere 

On 7/18/2024 at 3:40 PM, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

I can definitively say no, we are not chasing a younger demographic. We are working every day to elevate our experience for YOU. That experience is focused on elevated hospitality, premium food and drink options, beautiful new destinations, and unique experiences. The core Celebrity guest will always be our north star. 

The future for Celebrity Cruises is to deliver experiences to our guests that they didn’t know they needed, and once experienced, cannot live without. 

I truly love all our classes of ships. They each have a distinct feel and vibe. That said, each guest I encounter and have the pleasure of connecting with has a different view on it--which is great! As we think through the next class of ships, we will ensure we embody the traditional things you all love, while also evolving some concepts, and revolutionizing the premium space with new things as well.

Our job is to bring to life products and experiences you will LOVE! That is always the goal.

I have to disagree with you when you are refering to *premium food and drink options". As long as there i no focus on fresness and ensuring a wide selection of fresh fruits and vegetables are available throughout the cruise by loading constantly fresh items especially for Blu and Luminae I can't agree. Also, when it comes to drinks, the coctails often are made out of sirups etc. Looking at the best bars and restaurants how for instance Lichi Martinis are made, what you find on board is a disgrace. This drink is even not a big challenge as it requires caned litchies an it's juice, whereas you don't even offer this, only some sirup. Your brand has a lot of potential when it comes to improve the quality of the food and drinks. It's actually a shame, as the hard product you got, the Edge Class is just so beautiful and all it's venues, but you must get th soft products right as well. As you should know best yourself, top hospitality is not only about the overall experience it's also about the details and this is often mssing.

• Like 1