Different documents at check in at terminal?

Hello all, we are sailing to AK on Norwegian Sun tomorrow! Our daughter’s passport renewal has been in process for some time and arrived just recently. We selected “birth certificate” on the online check in, but ended up bringing her new passport. Will that cause trouble at check in tomorrow? Obviously, it’s too late to edit check in, and I’m having minor panic. Surely that won’t be a big deal? We don’t have her birth certificate, only her passport. She has sailed NCL with her passport previously, though obviously with the old one. I can’t find any direct answers to this on the NCL site. Will we be ok tomorrow? 

Posted (edited)

Should not be an issue. Might add 5 minutes to the time it takes you to check in. As a side note even if you don’t do online check in you would still get on the ship assuming you have proper documentation and a passport is always proper. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

You should be fine. Make sure that they do note the passport when she checks in. I was one of the last to check in on a cruise (a hiccup in that the fun COVID testing process LOL) and while they were trying to expedite the process they neglected to verify my passport or something along those lines. So at the end of the cruise I got a letter saying I had to do something special with respect to immigration before I could disembark. Fortunately it was an easy fix - but it could be an issue if she is going into Canada on an excursion and they don't think she has a passport.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1