Jackets for sale on Viking Neptune

puppymama1

I saw a post on Facebook by someone who just disembarked the Neptune and the author was wearing a lovely Viking hooded long raincoat. I asked if she had bought it on the ship and she said she had not gotten it on the Neptune but on a previous river cruise.  If you are currently aboard Neptune or have recently been there, do you know if they have a similar jacket for sale on board?  I really liked it and wanted to get one for our upcoming British Isles cruise.  Thanks!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

I saw a post on Facebook by someone who just disembarked the Neptune and the author was wearing a lovely Viking hooded long raincoat. I asked if she had bought it on the ship and she said she had not gotten it on the Neptune but on a previous river cruise.  If you are currently aboard Neptune or have recently been there, do you know if they have a similar jacket for sale on board?  I really liked it and wanted to get one for our upcoming British Isles cruise.  Thanks!

We just boarded the Neptune; I'll take a look and let you know tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

They give them to you on Antarctic cruises. 

quiz of the day. LSMFT?

Lucky Strikes means fine tobacco 

(also know a NSFW version)

Ship to Shore Traveler has a Viking branded clothing store

https://viking.shiptoshoretraveler.com

If you do not care about the logo, it’s all made by Helly Hansen

https://www.hellyhansen.com

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Thanks 1

The ones for the Antarctica cruises and the ones on that ship to shore traveler website are very heavy, warm jackets.  The one I am looking for is a lighter weight raincoat type jacket…. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

PuppyMama ...I would NOT count on one being available on the ship in your size even if there is one today .  AND you really do need a raincoat for the British Isle Cruise.  Pack something that will work and then buy something while onboard for your next cruise!!!  Although expensive the Viking Logo wear has always been high quality...my husband seems to always NEED something!

Edited by deec

For rain and wind we use golf foul weather gear. Jacket and pants set. Truly waterproof. Ask a golfer. Light weight, packable, MANY pockets, zipper cuffs for ease of movement (or elastic). Folding hood with drawstring and more. Affordable and packs extremely small. Good for rain and wind and less so for below freezing temperatures though with sweaters and watch cap does well.

@deec - 100% agree! We mistakenly left raincoats at home. We packed some cheapy ponchos and umbrellas, but yeah, no raincoats. Oh my husband was so mad at himself. Considering how much stuff we did pack. LOL! But, he was in total vacation mode (which means, buy whatever we need!). We tried to buy the Helly Hansen coats on the ship, but they didn't have his size. Our 2nd port was Corfu and we started looking there for a coat. He found a shop, and the woman was so helpful with finding the coat we liked and in our sizes and we bought them. Of course, as most know, they're not cheap, but they were worth every penny with the rainy days we had! Plus, a good extra layer on the cooler days.

You can see the one we bought here...

20240424_114434.jpg

14 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

The ones for the Antarctica cruises and the ones on that ship to shore traveler website are very heavy, warm jackets.  The one I am looking for is a lighter weight raincoat type jacket…. Thanks!

Helly Hansen makes the Viking jackets.

You can find woman's raincoats on their site:

https://www.hellyhansen.com/en_us/w-seven-j-jacket-62066?color=304564

The ship store has woefully limited inventory and are frequently out of most sizes. I wish they would get rid of the jewelry store and use the space for a better on board shop with more sundries as well as logo gear.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Viking gear is Helly Hansen, a decent make but nothing special. Go online and look out for sale offers from them and similar suppliers. 

Or go into a fishing/hunting/hiking/farm supplies shop

Edited by KBs mum

3 hours ago, formernuke said:

The ship store has woefully limited inventory and are frequently out of most sizes. I wish they would get rid of the jewelry store and use the space for a better on board shop with more sundries as well as logo gear.

I agree formernuke!  I am already planning on bringing my current rain jacket from home.. in case they don't have what I want on board... I was just hoping I might be able to get something new too.... thanks!