Dry Dock Schedules

Not sure there is one. Usually we find out by seeing gaps in itineraries. There is a 16 day gap between two TAs on the Encore Nov-Dec this year but nothing official and only speculation on what is being done. It was like pulling teeth to get my PCC to admit to anything as we are on the cruise before and right after the break.

10 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

Just recently been on Encore. In the questions with officers in the atrium...they said dry dock was happening in Nov 2024.

On the spring 2025 Panama canal sailing. Did they provide any details on what was being done?

It's Encore first dry-dock - Nov 17-Dec 3, 2024.

Prolly a refresh, however, let's hope the Laser Tag area gets replaced with Spice H2O ... 😉🙃🤪

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

It's Encore first dry-dock - Nov 17-Dec 3, 2024.

Prolly a refresh, however, let's hope the Laser Tag area gets replaced with Spice H2O ... 😉🙃🤪

That's the rumor...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

That's the rumor...

Yeppers, prolly started by me. We went on Encore’s maiden TA back in Oct/Nov 2019 and had a good time but wouldn’t go back on her due to missing Spice H2O. Also we’re fed up with the GoKart Tracks … new Aqua will not have one for the first time after 5 ships!!

12 hours ago, wilsonhold said:

Did they provide any details on what was being done?

In a lot of NCL dry docks, the public spaces are demolished down to the deck plates and rebuilt. Unless you knew exactly what it looked like before, you really would not notice it in the after.

Some examples from the Epic's first dry dock. We were on her first cruise after dry dock where they cut a big hole in the hull to remove and replace two engines. Our cabin steward was still installing bathroom tile as the ship sailed overnight from France to Southampton to pick us up. 

image.thumb.jpeg.34bc61ff138798ad29166bc8e06fba3d.jpeg

image.thumb.png.ca158c9d4075e538592b2a8ebb7e79f0.png

Encore dry dock

- Conversion of Observation Lounge space to revenue-generating rooms. 

- Conversion of the Galaxy Pavilion to something. 

- Conversion of the Laser Tag space to something. They were already using it for sundeck space on our cruise earlier this year.

image.png.3f47488d0dc5e9329640b81cd419d50a.png

image.png.a2b11dcfcff812c6b90b5c4392e550ed.png

image.png.f448dea0076578b8a71c39810a3cb8e3.png

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Encore dry dock

- Conversion of Observation Lounge space to revenue-generating rooms. 

Is this now a certainty? I knew it was done on the Joy, but the infrastructure was already there from the original build. Not so with the Encore. Going to be a lot more work than the Joy.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the observation lounge...when I sailed to Alaska on the Encore I spent many hours hanging out there because it was too chilly to be outside.

6 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Is this now a certainty? I knew it was done on the Joy, but the infrastructure was already there from the original build. Not so with the Encore. Going to be a lot more work than the Joy.

Don't know. There is another Encore dry dock thread here on Cruise Critic where people report being able to book staterooms in the "new" room number range (like on the Joy).