Careful when booking parking outside of the cruise terminal.

Reijo

This is mainly just an FYI.  My husband and I were recently on a cruise out of Port Canaveral and bookdc our "spot" at our favorite company that we have used for 15+ years.  We booked a last minute cruise so our embarkation time was 2:30-3:00.  Since we overnighted in Ocala, FL, we didn't have far to go so we were taking our time and doing a bit of sightseeing along the way.  Our plan was to park right at 2:15PM, would probably need to wait for the bus to fill up and then get to the terminal hopefully about 2:30.  For some reason, I decided to take a look at our paperwork (which I never do) and noticed that the parking lot CLOSED at 2PM.  SHOCK!  There was no way that we would make it in time.  

This was totally our fault.  Having used this company for so long, I thought that I knew everything that I needed to know so I didn't bother to read the FINE PRINT on the 2nd page which I rarely even print or look at, it's rather insignificant information....or so I thought.  

Just a warning to make sure that you read the FINE PRINT on the SECOND PAGE (if you have a second page).  The thing that bothered me was that they ask your arrival time and I gave that information.  No one said anything about the lot closing at 2.  Second issue was that this was in small writing on the second page.  I did send them an email after our cruise, mentioning this as well as saying it was our fault and that I was NOT asking for a refund, but suggesting that this important information be put on the first page, in normal/large/bold/colored type.  I didn't hear back.

Since we were getting too close to last boarding call and didn't have any place to park, we went to the cruiseport and got the VERY LAST SPOT available....thank God.  We were some of the last few to board ship.  It was hectic, blood pressure all time high, but a lesson learned to read EVERYTHING, even if it's a company you've used for years and years.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Reijo said:

We booked a last minute cruise so our embarkation time was 2:30-3:00. 

You can ignore check in times in most ports and especially at PC. 

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

It was be helpful to mention the name of your "favorite company".

Park n Cruise

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm currently researching off site parking for Port Everglades and I noticed on the Rightway Parking website most of the parking services locations have a 2pm closing. 

Edited by temple1

1 hour ago, temple1 said:

I'm currently researching off site parking for Port Everglades and I noticed on the Rightway Parking website most of the parking services locations have a 2pm closing. 

I may be wrong but Rightway parking for Port everglades is advertising for the airport.  No mention of cruise parking.

Many here use Park n go for PE....great service, their shuttles take you right to your check in location.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thinfool said:

I may be wrong but Rightway parking for Port everglades is advertising for the airport.  No mention of cruise parking.

Many here use Park n go for PE....great service, their shuttles take you right to your check in location.

Thanks, our cruise isn't until December and I just started looking. Looks like they've added Port Everglade. We had good luck with the off-site parking in Miami, except for the traffic pile up at the port.

Edited by temple1

15 hours ago, thinfool said:

We always use Park 'n Go when cruise out of Port Everglades.  They're great!

16 hours ago, thinfool said:

I'll check out Park n go.

Here is a link to website: https://rightwayparking.com/cruise-parking/port-everglades-cruise-port?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg9rWhvGVhwMVGjnUAR13EQ8jEAAYASAAEgIM4PD_BwE

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 2:45 PM, Reijo said:

We booked a last minute cruise so our embarkation time was 2:30-3:00.  Since we overnighted in Ocala, FL, we didn't have far to go so we were taking our time and doing a bit of sightseeing along the way.  Our plan was to park right at 2:15PM, would probably need to wait for the bus to fill up and then get to the terminal hopefully about 2:30. 

Hope you don't mind me jumping-in on your self-scolding but why would you cut it so close to begin with? All it would have taken is one bad crash on the Beachline Expressway (TOLL SR 528) that shuts down both eastbound lanes (not uncommon) and you would have never made it to your ship.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

On 7/7/2024 at 7:13 PM, thinfool said:

They do provide parking at hotel locations within 1- 3 miles of the cruise port and provide complimentary transfers from most.

Same as Park by the Ports…

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Reijo said:

We always use Park 'n Go when cruise out of Port Everglades.  They're great!

I can’t remember after all the research - does Park ‘N Go park at the cruiseport, or nearby like RightWay and Park by the Ports?

Disregard, I see they are 1.3 miles from pier 25, for example.

Their daily rate for our March cruise is $13.40 if we pay now, $16.10 if we pay in March.

RightWay and Park by the Ports charge ~$9, but Park ‘N Go gets rave reviews!

Edited by blue_water