Club Orange recommended by popular YouTube vlogger!

I became a bit worried last night when I saw that Gary Bembridge, the excellent YouTube vlogger who hosts "Tips for Travelers" just posted a glowing report about Club Orange!  He has a HUGE audience and unfortunately it may make CO sell out even quicker for future cruises!😟

The problems of a popular sought-after service!!

~Nancy

• Like 2

Just a guess, but any cruiser interested in HAL who regularly watches Gary probably already knows about Club Orange. His audience is well established, and he hasn't attracted a significant number of new subscribers for several years.

I knew about CO long before I was ever interested in actually cruising with HAL.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oakridger said:

I became a bit worried last night when I saw that Gary Bembridge, the excellent YouTube vlogger who hosts "Tips for Travelers" just posted a glowing report about Club Orange!  He has a HUGE audience and unfortunately it may make CO sell out even quicker for future cruises!😟

The problems of a popular sought-after service!!

~Nancy

I follow him but I haven't seen that 1 yet.

Did he say if he was hosted by HAL on his recent cruise? I've noticed HAL partnering quite a bit with YouTubers/influencers lately and hosting them on select cruises to garner more attention and public interest. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bajae said:

The cost may increase as well if it becomes even more in demand. 

This is true. I think it's also true that if it becomes even more popular, they'll start limiting the cabin categories that you can get it in. As in, nothing below a balcony. I don't know that this will ever happen, but I do see it as a possibility.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Infi said:

Did he say if he was hosted by HAL on his recent cruise? I've noticed HAL partnering quite a bit with YouTubers/influencers lately and hosting them on select cruises to garner more attention and public interest. 

I do not believe that Gary Bembridge accepts any sponsored cruises and has stated that as recently as in last week's podcast with his subscriber.  He has remained very independent from the cruise lines.

I so agree that you have to be somewhat suspicious of a number of YouTubers who on one hand CLAIM to be independent but are taking free/discounted cruises and/or preparing content for the cruise lines.

17 hours ago, jlawrence01 said:

I do not believe that Gary Bembridge accepts any sponsored cruises and has stated that as recently as in last week's podcast with his subscriber.  He has remained very independent from the cruise lines.

I so agree that you have to be somewhat suspicious of a number of YouTubers who on one hand CLAIM to be independent but are taking free/discounted cruises and/or preparing content for the cruise lines.

Thanks. I find him to be a little smug/condescending so admittedly don't watch his videos much, only if the topic is of interest. At least he is forthright about not accepting offers from the cruise lines; not all YouTubers are as transparent about who funds their content creation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Infi said:

Thanks. I find him to be a little smug/condescending so admittedly don't watch his videos much, only if the topic is of interest. At least he is forthright about not accepting offers from the cruise lines; not all YouTubers are as transparent about who funds their content creation.

I love Gary. But I do agree that the others are not as  honest as they should be and they are being funded by the cruise lines 

Just now, shadow 123 said:

I love Gary. But I do agree that the others are not as  honest as they should be and they are being funded by the cruise lines 

Just now, shadow 123 said:

Actually I think 1 of them works for amazon! She talks about cruises but she's always advertising amazon.