Email address

3 minutes ago, Schatzie45 said:

Please refresh my memory, what email do I send special request to get extra mattress pad on bed? Thanks

Ask your cabin steward after boarding. 

Posted (edited)

Seriously, you're better off bringing your own.  They're often not available and why risk impacting your cruise?  Amazon has many available. 

Edited by Cigar King

1 hour ago, Schatzie45 said:

Please refresh my memory, what email do I send special request to get extra mattress pad on bed? Thanks

I think I got a email where I could check off things like beds pushed together. I didnt email, they emailed me. Maybe if you get that before your cruise. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Ask your cabin steward after boarding. 

That could be too late.  Better to email ahead and they will have one ready for you and make note in your account.  

I always request a fan.  And it will be in my cabin waiting.  
they actually forgot one cruise and was willing to go to the store in Puerto Rico and buy one for my room.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not sure special needs exists for bedding preference requests.

That's where I make all requests for anything out of the ordinary such as allergies, CPAP and mattress toppers.  It all shows on the same line on the invoice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's where I make all requests for anything out of the ordinary such as allergies, CPAP and mattress toppers.  It all shows on the same line on the invoice. 

Medical requests sure. It just seems purely day to day preferences should be done elsewhere to free up real special needs.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Medical requests sure. It just seems purely day to day preferences should be done elsewhere to free up real special needs.

It's a big bucket they handle and it is the proper department for which to make the request. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

It's a big bucket they handle and it is the proper department for which to make the request. 

Do those day to day requests available through the app go into that same bucket?

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Do those day to day requests available through the app go into that same bucket?

Since it's the app and those are only available right before sailing I'd assume  they go right to the ship. 

Special needs is basically doing the same thing.  They are just taking that information earlier but it still gets directed to the ship

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Since it's the app and those are only available right before sailing I'd assume  they go right to the ship. 

Special needs is basically doing the same thing.  They are just taking that information earlier but it still gets directed to the ship

Thanks for the info. It just bugs me they'd send trivial stuff to special needs when you get reports of people with truly special needs struggling to get replies from that group.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Thanks for the info. It just bugs me they'd send trivial stuff to special needs when you get reports of people with truly special needs struggling to get replies from that group.

I get it.  Not sure why Royal just doesn't open up those app requests earlier. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Why would something like that bug you.    it has nothing to do with you.    Nothing trivial about someone needing a bed topper because of a bad back.   
or as in my case I need a fan for medical reasons.

I bet you’re someone that doesn’t like shorts in the MDR.   
don’t worry what others do.  Worry about yourself.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Why would something like that bug you.    it has nothing to do with you.    Nothing trivial about someone needing a bed topper because of a bad back.   
or as in my case I need a fan for medical reasons.

I bet you’re someone that doesn’t like shorts in the MDR.   
don’t worry what others do.  Worry about yourself.  

I've already noted why I don't like it.

And I have no issue with shorts in the MDR.

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

They tend to not fulfill my request for a "hearing kit".  And that is a safety issue, not a comfort issue.  I was shocked when they actually installed the kit on Liberty.