Best time for dinner if we want to watch show (Ventura)

We have a trip planned on the Ventura but have never cruised with P&O before. I would like to book some of the speciality restaurants before we board. Could someone let me know the show times please so I can decide the best time to book 

Shows in the main theatre are generally at 8.30pm and 10.30pm.

For speciality dining in the Epicurean or Sindhu you need to allow around 2 hours for your meal.

There are also shows (comedy, music) in other smaller venues - which tend to start later than the main theatre - often 9.30pm and around 11pm from memory. So you should always have some options to dine then move on to entertainment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harryjacobs said:

I read somewhere that one ship (Aurora?) has been trialling 7.30pm and 9.30pm showtimes.  Possibilty if the trial went well other ships may follow?

That would be no good for fixed dining pax. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harryjacobs said:

I read somewhere that one ship (Aurora?) has been trialling 7.30pm and 9.30pm showtimes.  Possibilty if the trial went well other ships may follow?

That would work better on the freedom dining only ships (possibly you have got Aurora and Arvia confused?). Definitely wouldn't work with fixed dining.

41 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

It would work but you would be going to the show before dinner if you were on second sitting.

Second sitting. Sound a bit like school

19 hours ago, FangedRose said:

That would work better on the freedom dining only ships (possibly you have got Aurora and Arvia confused?). Definitely wouldn't work with fixed dining.

No it wasnt the 2 new ships.  Im sure it was either Aurora or Arcadia.

2 hours ago, Harryjacobs said:

No it wasnt the 2 new ships.  Im sure it was either Aurora or Arcadia.

We were on Aurora last month and shows in the theatre were at 8.30pm and 10.30pm. There was the occasional show at 9.30pm in Carmens show lounge which was in addition to the theatre shows.

• Like 1

As you have not been on a P&O ship before, you may not know that seats in the theatre are not reserved even if they are running the pre-booking system and if the performer(s) are popular you will find it difficult to walk in five minutes before the start and get two or more seats together - worth allowing for in your plans.

The first sitting 6.30 dinner people tend to start filling up the theatre seats on Ventura from 8.00 onwards.

• Thanks 1