Current promotion advertises ‘up to $2,000 OBC credit or more’….

The current promotion has always said ‘up to $2,000 or more on board credit’. Obviously, we would expect that dollar amount to be commensurate with length/cost of cruise. If you booked under this promotion, would you feel that there is the implication that some level of OBC would be included? 
If you did book under this promotion, and there was zero OBC, would you not be surprised?  We haven’t the history that many of you have with SB. Maybe it is standard practice to advertise OBC with a promotion, but when “up to” is used, then it is not always offered. I would like to understand how to set my expectations. Thank you 

24 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

The current promotion has always said ‘up to $2,000 or more on board credit’. Obviously, we would expect that dollar amount to be commensurate with length/cost of cruise. If you booked under this promotion, would you feel that there is the implication that some level of OBC would be included? 
If you did book under this promotion, and there was zero OBC, would you not be surprised?  We haven’t the history that many of you have with SB. Maybe it is standard practice to advertise OBC with a promotion, but when “up to” is used, then it is not always offered. I would like to understand how to set my expectations. Thank you 

Just do a faux booking (everything up to when you actually pay) and see what is included.  We use some decent cruise agencies that always give us on board credit, in addition to any promotion offered by a cruise line.

Hank

Posted (edited)

Our TA offers cash discount, which is great. I just wondered if it said no OBC with this current promotion if that would be acceptable to most. It is a 12 night itinerary, so it seems that there should be something. IDK. 
Thank you Hank for responding and your input

Edited by Vineyard View

Yes, if the promo said up to $2000 OBC I would expect some kind of credit. But the promo I'm currently seeing on the Seabourn website says "up to $2,200USD More Moments Credit per suite on select 2024 sailings." So I wouldn't necessarily expect every 2024 itinerary to offer the OBC.

Though now I'm on another page on the website and the promo language doesn't include the words about "select sailings." Ugh. That website is just riddled with problems, inconsistencies among pages being a huge issue!

It’s confusing for sure. I’ve seen it switch verbiage from one time of day to the other. Thank you for confirming that it isn’t just me seeing different things. I guess it’s what it is.  Thanks Earthtones. 

On 7/6/2024 at 2:07 PM, Vineyard View said:

‘up to $2,000 or more on board credit’

Another genius marketing offer here. What is the point of "up to" if the amount isn't the top amount? Do they even think these things though? smh

So many companies, not just cruise lines, say 'up to'.  This actually means what it says, and could be as little as £1 or $1 in theory, and is unlikely to be the top amount on a cruise unless you have paid for the top suite. I believe  that is a logical explanation.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

So many companies, not just cruise lines, say 'up to'.  This actually means what it says, and could be as little as £1 or $1 in theory, and is unlikely to be the top amount on a cruise unless you have paid for the top suite. I believe  that is a logical explanation.

Totally agree. Zero dollars though feels a bit misleading.

I just received a brochure stating ‘up to $2,200’, and in fine print, ‘on select sailings in 2025’.
The message keeps changing from one day to the next. 

As do the prices.  I just checked on a Sojourn cruise at the end of 2025 and I could have sworn the V4 prices are $2000 more than when I checked a couple of weeks ago.  Maybe the OBC advertised is designed to off-set that price increase.

33 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

As do the prices.  I just checked on a Sojourn cruise at the end of 2025 and I could have sworn the V4 prices are $2000 more than when I checked a couple of weeks ago.  Maybe the OBC advertised is designed to off-set that price increase.

Maybe.  IDK. Pricing does seem to be widely fluctuating during the same sale period. 
 When I contacted our TA about this (not a small, low booking SB agency), she did not know about 2025 expansion. I shared with her that I received a brochure over the weekend regarding this - again news to her. When she contacted SB they could not provide to her the sailings included in the 2025 expansion, but could tell her that ours was not one of them!  
In my opinion, an incredulous lack of communication and information.  This week I looked at the sale and didn’t see our cruise. I think I will keep an eye on this!  

Why am I reminded of the old comic strip where Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light and Supreme Ruler of Heck tries to lure Dilbert from engineering over to "The Dark Side" (aka marketing)???

On 7/12/2024 at 6:57 PM, goldengatecruisers said:

I posted about this before, but earlier this year we had been considering an Atlantic crossing itinerary, had the pricing confirmed and made the decision over a weekend to book it. Contacted my TA on Monday only to learn the pricing and offer had changed overnight - the price had increased by $600/pp but the booking now came with $500/pp in OBC! Needless to say, we declined to pay $1,200 for $1,000 of OBC that we didn't need. SB was too clever by half and lost a booking.

Not sure they are too bothered about lost bookings.

On third consecutive 10 day cruise in the med - full cruise each trip - cannot believe the number of first and second time Seabourn cruisers we have met - all commented believe Seabourn prices are great in comparison to competitors and love the ship! 
Heard numerous people at the bars discussing onboard bookings they have made.

2 hours ago, marazul said:

I just checked it out.  Very few cruises offer the air credit.

I was referring to OBC in the brochure that I received of up to $2,200. 
Could be you are responding to a different poster regarding air credit marazul. You are always helpful. 

Just now, Vineyard View said:

I was referring to OBC in the brochure that I received of up to $2,200. 
Could be you are responding to a different poster regarding air credit marazul. You are always helpful. 

Ooops. Yes, I was looking at the flight credit promotion. 

Our booked cruise just added the OBC credit promotion yesterday. We booked on 7/1. I sent an email to our TA last night. Just heard from her. It would require rebooking, and it would cost more per person for less OBC than the increase. Wow. Now that is quite the deal! NOT. That response was definitely not a feel good one.