Organizing a bar crawl

We will be sailing in the Jade in a few weeks. I would like to organize a bar crawl for my friends. Is there a way to know ahead of time which bars will be open?  I was thinking the afternoon of the first sea day would be good. I know the dailies would list the times but I’d like to have a plan prior to the night before. Are bars usually open on sea days?  Has anyone organized one of these?  I was thinking we would spend about 20 minutes at each bar in order to keep things moving. Any suggestions would be great. 

1 hour ago, hrt4girls said:

We will be sailing in the Jade in a few weeks. I would like to organize a bar crawl for my friends. Is there a way to know ahead of time which bars will be open?  I was thinking the afternoon of the first sea day would be good. I know the dailies would list the times but I’d like to have a plan prior to the night before. Are bars usually open on sea days?  Has anyone organized one of these?  I was thinking we would spend about 20 minutes at each bar in order to keep things moving. Any suggestions would be great. 

I was on a cruise once, and while talking to other folks at the bar, someone said they wanted to do a bar crawl.  It was very informal.  They asked who wanted to join them, meet at a certain bar at a certain time.  Bars are open on sea days, sea nights, port days ( most bars).  Just ask other fun filks if they would like to join for a pub crawl.  Afternoon on first sea day might be not be such a good idea.  Folks might like to relax by the pool, catch up on sleep, or explore the ship.  Maybe a pre-dinner pub crawl, hit a couple of bars, all go to dinner, then hit some more bars after dinner..

As mentioned by the previous poster, bars are definitely open on sea days.  Your best bet regarding bar opening times is to see if someone posted any of the recent dailies from the Jade.  Short of that, it's a safe bet that all bars will be open after 12 noon.

Not sure how many in your intended group, but the simpler the drink orders, the better, just to ensure you don't overwhelm the bar staff and also so everyone gets their drink around the same time.  Twenty minutes per stop as a goal sounds good.  Make the last bar the one that is the biggest, so you can maybe find seats as it'll be the landing point.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hrt4girls said:

You might try posting this on the Cruise Critic roll call for your cruise.  Frequently you can find info on bar crawls, sail away parties, slot pulls, cabin crawls, or other activities.

Good luck organizing this!

bar crawls are great fun on a sea say, even if nit a bug drinker. You get several hours yo talk to like minded cruisers, much mire than at an hour-long M&G.

best one we attended was on Prima - it started about 10 in the Belvedere and worked its way upwards. Prima has a lot of good bars for this. I think we ended up not hitting every bar … too much of a (good?) thing 🤣

I've not been on Jade but I’ve sailed on Gem a couple timed. I think the bars are nicely spaced out for a crawl.  @The Traveling Man had a good suggestion about the roll calls, also check out some trip reports for posted FSDs.

enjoy your cruise 🚢 

21 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

bar crawls are great fun on a sea say, even if nit a bug drinker. You get several hours yo talk to like minded cruisers, much mire than at an hour-long M&G.

Are you on a bar crawl as you typed this?   😉   j/k

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Are you on a bar crawl as you typed this?   😉   j/k

I can only wish. Hate the iPhone keyboard and my large fingers 

• Haha 1