Booked a guaranteed junior suite? I have questions

On 7/10/2024 at 7:58 AM, LisaLisa87 said:

This must vary by ship (and maybe other factors?). I booked a suite GTY for 3 on Wonder. I had planned to book a JS, but that was not an option for 3 people for our sailing. Needless to say, a suite GTY was much, much cheaper than booking a GS and choosing our room. I checked some other sailings further in the future, and when JS were available for 3, they were considerably more expensive than what we paid. I’ll be happy with whatever we get.

You have to keep checking. They will occasionally open up the GTY for more than two depending on how the cabins are selling. 

On 7/8/2024 at 8:56 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

The  agents can't (won't?) move location because they have no official cabin assignment.

I had a very interesting thing happen today.

This sailing is January 23, 2025 so it's still a long way away....waaaytooo far away to use the bar code trick.

The price of a "regular" J3 dropped below what I had previously paid for a Suite Guarantee, so I called to switch from a GTY to a regular J3.  I already had a specific JS picked out.

To my surprise, the agent said that he could not "reprice" the room b/c my room had already been assigned (despite the fact that it was still showing "GTY" on my reservation).  I asked him if he could tell me which room I had been assigned and he did.  It turned out to be a fantail JS which would have been ok....but I still preferred to be closer to the elevator.

I asked him, "well, since my room has already been assigned can I switch from the aft balcony JS to another J3 on deck 8" ?  I totally expected him to say "no" since it had not been officially assigned but he said, "let me put you on hold".  When he came back he said that the folks at Revenue had made the switch from my previously assigned aft JS to a J3 (same category as the one they had already assigned) of my choice on deck 8, right by the elevators.

If I had not called I would never have even known that my suite had been assigned already, nor would I have thought to ask if I could switch to a different JS this far out from sailing.  I was truly surprised that I was allowed to change at this early date since it's still 6 months from the sail date !  ....but that new JS is now showing up as my assigned cabin on my reservation, so I think it's a done deal !

As with all things Royal, it all depends on who you get on the other end of the phone !

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I had a very interesting thing happen today.

This sailing is January 23, 2025 so it's still a long way away....waaaytooo far away to use the bar code trick.

The price of a "regular" J3 dropped below what I had previously paid for a Suite Guarantee, so I called to switch from a GTY to a regular J3.  I already had a specific JS picked out.

To my surprise, the agent said that he could not "reprice" the room b/c my room had already been assigned (despite the fact that it was still showing "GTY" on my reservation).  I asked him if he could tell me which room I had been assigned and he did.  It turned out to be a fantail JS which would have been ok....but I still preferred to be closer to the elevator.

I asked him, "well, since my room has already been assigned can I switch from the aft balcony JS to another J3 on deck 8" ?  I totally expected him to say "no" since it had not been officially assigned but he said, "let me put you on hold".  When he came back he said that the folks at Revenue had made the switch from my previously assigned aft JS to a J3 (same category as the one they had already assigned) of my choice on deck 8, right by the elevators.

If I had not called I would never have even known that my suite had been assigned already, nor would I have thought to ask if I could switch to a different JS this far out from sailing.  I was truly surprised that I was allowed to change at this early date since it's still 6 months from the sail date !  ....but that new JS is now showing up as my assigned cabin on my reservation, so I think it's a done deal !

As with all things Royal, it all depends on who you get on the other end of the phone !

Congrats!

• Thanks 1