Volendam Cabin #2505

Has any of you taken a long cruise (30+Days) in cabin #2505 on the Volendam.  Wife is a light sleeper so we are wondering about noise and any insight on the good, bad or ugly......

Just got off 7 days in 2520 on Volendam.  Every morning that we were in port was extremely loud.  There was a constant humming, whirring noise for at least 15 minutes (my daughter on the other side, cabin 2525, said over an hour but I think it only felt that long).  The ship also vibrated a lot.  I would never book a cabin that low again, especially near the front.  Our other daughter who was far more aft said she just head lots of banging. Definitely a noisy ship and not conducive for a light sleeper.

33 minutes ago, bjlaacjlc said:

Has any of you taken a long cruise (30+Days) in cabin #2505 on the Volendam.  Wife is a light sleeper so we are wondering about noise and any insight on the good, bad or ugly......

Here is a cabin two doors away on sister ship Zaandam. The bathroom in 2505 may be even smaller-- it was noted as Shower Only, before the retro-fit with the tub-sized showers. In other words, it may be a small square shower NOT like the one in the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crMDs9vdcXE

I think that's a long cruise with the noise issues mentioned by several above! 

When I was on in April they were doing some repairs inside the hull and also outside around the lido de k windows. They were grinding away at rust spots. When they were inside the noise went right up the elevator shaft and you heard it very loudly. They only worked in the day, but still, if you are resting it can get on your nerves!

19 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

There was a constant humming, whirring noise for at least 15 minutes (my daughter on the other side, cabin 2525, said over an hour but I think it only felt that long). 

I’ll be staying in the same cabin in a few weeks! Any other tips or warnings?

10 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

I’ll be staying in the same cabin in a few weeks! Any other tips or warnings?

The noise was our biggest complaint. There was lots of storage, the shower was large with lots of hot water and good pressure. The motion sensing lighting was wonderful for nighttime trips to the bathroom. The cabin was smaller than we're used but we knew that ahead of time. 

1 minute ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

The noise was our biggest complaint. There was lots of storage, the shower was large with lots of hot water and good pressure. The motion sensing lighting was wonderful for nighttime trips to the bathroom. The cabin was smaller than we're used but we knew that ahead of time. 

Thank you! Much appreciated.

• Like 1

I sailed a 15 night cruise in ocean view cabin 2579 in April this year with no complaints at all. My cabin was quiet, the food was delicious, and the staff were wonderful. I would love to book another cruise on Volendam! I imagine the noise level would depend on what maintenance work is underway at the time? Good luck 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...