SimplyMore on Free Cruise

Anyone have experience with what happens with SimplyMore amenities when you claim your free cruise?

I know how it was handled with O Life, which wasn’t an issue with our Platinum free cruise since we booked cruise-only back then.

The question is do they remove the SimplyMore free excursion credit and free drinks?

Excursions will be opening for booking soon for our August 2025 cruise. Having read that excursions fill up quickly under SimplyMore, I don’t want to waste my time going through the list and booking excursions, only to have them taken away when it is time to claim the cruise as our Diamond perk.

Thanks in advance.

We've taken 2 free cruises under SM. No SM excursion credit. No airfare. We still get all the Oceania Club level benefits. I don't know about the free wine/beer during meals since we get included Prestige Package with our Oceania Club level.

4 hours ago, grmmybtty said:

We've taken 2 free cruises under SM. No SM excursion credit. No airfare. We still get all the Oceania Club level benefits. I don't know about the free wine/beer during meals since we get included Prestige Package with our Oceania Club level.

SM started less than a year ago. Were you on a ATW cruise? I'd love to know the details of how you can go on two free cruises in less than 10 months. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

SM started less than a year ago. Were you on a ATW cruise? I'd love to know the details of how you can go on two free cruises in less than 10 months. 

We were on the 2022 ATW when we hit number 40, so our free cruise would have been the next cruise. It should have been on the Vista maiden cruise. When that was delayed, we changed the booking to a Riviera Med Cruise. Oceania and our TA were aware of that, but somehow we were billed and paid for the cruise. Oceania would not refund or give us credit, but said that our next cruise would count. It was a 77 day Grand Voyage and we refused to take that as our free cruise and lose the OLife excursions and the 7 cruise credits. We booked a 15day Singapore to Bangko cruise as our 40th and the second segment of our upcoming Copenhagen to Tromso to Reykjavik cruise later this month will be our 60th. That’s how we got 2 free cruises in 2024!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, grmmybtty said:

We were on the 2022 ATW when we hit number 40, so our free cruise would have been the next cruise. It should have been on the Vista maiden cruise. When that was delayed, we changed the booking to a Riviera Med Cruise. Oceania and our TA were aware of that, but somehow we were billed and paid for the cruise. Oceania would not refund or give us credit, but said that our next cruise would count. It was a 77 day Grand Voyage and we refused to take that as our free cruise and lose the OLife excursions and the 7 cruise credits. We booked a 15day Singapore to Bangko cruise as our 40th and the second segment of our upcoming Copenhagen to Tromso to Reykjavik cruise later this month will be our 60th. That’s how we got 2 free cruises in 2024!

Methinks O should treat good customers like you better than you have been!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

But O is part of a public company that has $12B of debt. NCLH CFO Kempa recently said “We’re trying to eliminate waste from the business, and that could be from anywhere,” he said. “There are no sacred cows.”

Evidently, this applies to good customers.

When will the NCLH lines begin using “their lips are moving so they must be lying” sales tactics so common among the timeshare companies? Perhaps they already have but it’s largely unnoticed since demand is so high.

Are we experiencing a cruise industry “bubble?” If so, executive greed and irrational exuberance coupled with myopia could hasten its bursting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We just completed our complimentary cruise prior to the segment that we’re currently on.  We had no SM benefits on the complimentary segment, though our club level benefits were added prior to sailing, as were our shareholder benefits.  But we did not have the excursion credit nor the beverages with our complimentary segment.  We’re now on the segment after our complimentary one and have all the benefits for this segment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, vlthom said:

We just completed our complimentary cruise prior to the segment that we’re currently on.  We had no SM benefits on the complimentary segment, though our club level benefits were added prior to sailing, as were our shareholder benefits.  But we did not have the excursion credit nor the beverages with our complimentary segment.  We’re now on the segment after our complimentary one and have all the benefits for this segment.

Thank you @vlthom for the answer to my question. This is what I was expecting, so no surprise. I appreciate the confirmation.

@grmmybtty thanks as well for taking the time to respond.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Thank you. I think that's a reason they allowed us to split the 25 day Copenhagen to Reyjkavik cruise into two segments. We had originally booked the longer voyage as one of our free cruises. Later our TA informed us that we could split it into 2 segments so that we could have the second (15 day) segment as our free cruise and get the SM benefits on the first segment, plus the Oceania Club amenities twice. Litle gesture, but much appreciated.

• Like 1