New to Cunard

Ichabod123

Posted (edited)

Hello. I'm about to book my first cruise with Cunard after crusing many times with P&O in the past. I think I understand the Princess and Queens principle and difference  between them but I am a little confused by the terms Britannia and Britannia Club. Could someone please explain the difference?

Edited by Ichabod123

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ichabod123 said:

Hello. I'm about to book my first cruise with Cunard after crusing many times with P&O in the past. I think I understand the Princess and Queens principle and difference  between them but I am a little confused by the terms Britannia and Britannia Club. Could someone please explain the difference?

Britannia Club is often considered as a Halfway House to Princess Grill . Think of it as 'Premium Economy.' Britannia Club cabins are identical to the standard 'Britannia  BALCONY' cabins.

Britannia Club offers additional amenities, for example , Priority check-in & embarkation - Coffee machine - Bottled water, replenished daily, high quality towelling Bath Robe.

The main attraction for those of us who occasionally book Britannia Club is for the Dining experience . An Intimate Restaurant , Open Dining, dedicated table and wait staff for all meals . An additional A 'la cart menu for evening dining - Table side flambe' desserts- Cheese Trolley.   

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 3

We did it before on QE and we have booked it for our upcoming QM2 trip. It is so nice to have your own table for breakfast lunch and dinner just waiting for when you're ready - no queue's, no apps!  It is exactly as Bell Boy has described - definitely the half way house between the two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ichabod123 said:

Thank you - it sounds attractive!

Dear @Ichabod123,

First, Welcome to Cunard and sailing as a "Newbie" on the Queen Mary 2 once you book your choice.

As mentioned in the previous postings, experiencing our favorite selection "Britannia Club" is always the sailing we look forward too! Some during our past sailings call the experience a "Pre Grill Experience". 

We have sailed BC many times beside Princess Grill and the main attraction from the onset was the Dining Room arrangements. The same dining room, same table, same waitstaff, though same times for breakfast and lunch, the open time you select for the evening meals. Granted one can attend any of the other dining alternatives ex. Kings Court, Golden Lion, you know your table is always there.

We did at the beginning in 2006 sail in the Britannia Class but once changed to BC, we are happy with each of our bookings.

Good Luck with which Class you select on Booking. 

BTW......BC "Britannia Club" are on Deck 12 and Deck 13.

23 minutes ago, Ichabod123 said:

Thank you - which deck(s) are they on Victoria?

Have not sailed QV yet, only QM2......

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Ichabod123 said:

It's on Deck 2 on QV and QE, starboard between stairwell B and C. And in both cases, in my view, a much superior dining area than QM2, which wasn't really designed for Club to be there. QV and QE have a right sized area, with lots of windows on to the sea along one side and windows on to the corridor on the other side. QA has a much bigger area, which is nicely laid out with lots of options, but it loses the intimacy of the other 3 Queens. But on all 4 Queens, it's deck 2.

Edit: that's the dining room. On QV and QE, the staterooms are on 7 and 8, mostly on 8. QA is 5, 6 and 7 since BC is much larger in scale than the other vessels.

Edited by Pushpit

1 hour ago, Ichabod123 said:

I think you may be talking about the cabins, not the restaurant. They are on Decks 7 and 8.