Wine menus in the main dining rooms

calberry

3 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

But on a TA there are so many sea days that the unlimited casual dining is appealing also. 

We spend those sea days in the Sanctuary which includes lunch, so for us the casual dining is not as important.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

But on a TA there are so many sea days that the unlimited casual dining is appealing also. 

maybe, depending on the ship and available casualty dining venues

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

And with that many sea days, “a couple of upgraded glasses of wine a day” can easily become “half a dozen upgraded glasses of wine a day.” 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

And with that many sea days, “a couple of upgraded glasses of wine a day” can easily become “half a dozen upgraded glasses of wine a day.” 

I will make a detailed spreadsheet when we cruise on the SUN P listing every single $ amount of savings or spendings difference between the PLUS and the Premier that we currently have.

nah, WE'RE ON A CRUISE!!🤑

$20 per day upgrade per person over PLUS which is given we would get.

4 glasses of $4 wine upcharge (4.72) - well, 'nuff said, really

and PRIZES!!

Edited by voljeep

21 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I will make a detailed spreadsheet when we cruise on the SUN P listing every single $ amount of savings or spendings difference between the PLUS and the Premier that we currently have.

and PRIZES!!

Our thoughts exactly. I am guaranteed to spend $16 per day in upcharges. Probably will hit more. Add in the pro rated Specialty Dinners and it isn’t worth a minute of my time to run the numbers. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Our thoughts exactly. I am guaranteed to spend $16 per day in upcharges. Probably will hit more. Add in the pro rated Specialty Dinners and it isn’t worth a minute of my time to run the numbers. 

yeah, on a typical 7 day cruise - I know, I know ... everyone on CC cruises in a Suite for a minimum of 28 days or more at a time ---

don't look at $80 x 7 x 2 = $1,120 ... unless ...😈

48 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and PRIZES!!

You’re forgetting the unlimited exercise classes. Why does everyone always forget the exercise classes?

• Haha 8

I took one for the team.  The Plus “generic” Sauvignon Blanc is awful.  The bartender said it was St Helena but he could have meant Morpho Helena which is the cabernet and merlot options.  None of which I shall be drinking.  Pinot Grigio is Canyon Road.  

if I want white, I spend the extra $1 on Chalk Hill.  

There are 5 sommeliers on board and I will be trying to extract info on what the thinking is for the future of the wine program.

I am happy to report some of the niceties of pre-pandemic Princess are back.  The nice cocktail napkins with the logo are easy to come by and we received a newly designed princess bag.  There was also a nice summary of all of the transportation conveyances for each port, which is a nice touch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are on the same trip with the premier package. 
First day for lunch we had a Cabernet and one Zinfandel (I don’t remember the brand) that were awful for us. In the evening we tried in Vines another Zinfandel from Langmeil Barossa that it was quite good. We were taking our glasses to the MDR and the waiter requested us to change the glasses for a normal (and small) ones… not a good move in my opinion. It is not necessary to use riedel glasses, but using big glasses for wine should be mandatory for a good wine, even more if the company says it takes care of wine. 
Right now a deceived experience…

• Haha 1