A pleasant surprise

About a month ago we booked a Celebrity cruise in January.  We never did a GTY room but we gave it a try.  First of all I got an impression that GTY room are routinely assigned on or near embarkation. (was this wrong).  We just checked and we are assigned a room and a pretty decent one at that.  We are a little nervous that this might be not written in stone.   What is the chances that we might get a surprise when we board?  

Wishful in Missouri

If by surprise you mean an upgrade, that is not likely.  GTY assignments can come at any time but once assigned, that is your stateroom.  You indicate that it is a category and I guess a location you are OK with.  But just so you are aware, if the location is not to your liking, you can contact whomever you booked through and they can confirm remaining availability of the assigned sub-category which was assigned and move you to a different location.  This is of course based on remaining availability when you call.  

I think what the OP is asking is what are the chances celebrity changes the stateroom they assigned them? Sounds like they are very happy with it. 

I can’t offer any help I’ve never done gty but good for you for getting a good cabin!!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cbfb said:

I think what the OP is asking is what are the chances celebrity changes the stateroom they assigned them? Sounds like they are very happy with it. 

I can’t offer any help I’ve never done gty but good for you for getting a good cabin!!! 

Once its assigned they won't change it.  But as I indicated, based on availably the OP can request a change to a different location, same category.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If by surprise you mean an upgrade, that is not likely.  GTY assignments can come at any time but once assigned, that is your stateroom.  You indicate that it is a category and I guess a location you are OK with.  But just so you are aware, if the location is not to your liking, you can contact whomever you booked through and they can confirm remaining availability of the assigned sub-category which was assigned and move you to a different location.  This is of course based on remaining availability when you call.  

Naw we are good with the assigned room.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Once its assigned they won't change it.  But as I indicated, based on availably the OP can request a change to a different location, same category.

We book a gty inside once for a transatlantic, at time of booking we’re upgrade to an ov

than 2 days before departing we were upgraded to a balcony 

so never say never 😁

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We book a gty inside once for a transatlantic, at time of booking we’re upgrade to an ov

than 2 days before departing we were upgraded to a balcony 

so never say never 😁

Point taken.  OK, rarely!

• Haha 1

Anything is possible.   If you don’t like the cabin and see that one is available in the same category you might be able to change to that cabin.  If you do that you it will usually be the cabin you get.   Have done that in the past.  Don’t mean that they still do that.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, miched said:

Anything is possible.   If you don’t like the cabin and see that one is available in the same category you might be able to change to that cabin.  If you do that you it will usually be the cabin you get.   Have done that in the past.  Don’t mean that they still do that.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

They will move you to any same sub-category stateroom as that assigned based on availability.  You just have to contact whomever you booked through and they will confirm availability.  Once moved, that is you new stateroom and an updated booking confirmation will be issued to reflect that.  Have done that several times including last week.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

In the past I booked gty lowest ocean view cabin “M” class. 2 days later we were assigned 7003 an amazing cabin!  Oversized and now are classified as deluxe ocean view. Was very pleased and the assessment did not change.