52 minutes ago, johnnydeo said:

Which is better?

RCI (Royal Caribbean International) = Really Consistently Inconsistent

Chops on one ship will be significantly better, or worse, than another ship. Chops on Serenade back in April 3 months ago could've be significantly better, or worse, than it will be today. Seriously, I've seen posts from other cruisers on a back-to-back saying the dinners were different just a week apart.

Personal experience.... The Osso Bucco in Giovanni's on one ship will be done perfectly, flake off the bone meat with the bone marrow just perfect... the next ship the very next week (same home port) it will be gross, topped with a ton of tomato sauce and not an Osso Bucco recipe at all.

You'll just have to try one of each and see how it goes. I eat a lot of Italian food at home, so I personally prefer Chops and the appies/sides there.Plus the Red Velvet cake and Chocolate lava cake are more often than not better than the Tiramisu in Giovanni's in my humble opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We enjoyed Chops on the Oasis last year. 

This year, we were on the Liberty of the Seas and only ate at the buffet or main dining room for dinner.  The buffet had lots of choices for my family so everyone was pleased.  I was not happy with the choices in the dining room for dinner.  Royal certainly has gone downhill with limited choices and a poor selection of items---  very disappointed with the quality.  Our waiter tried very hard to keep our group happy.  He was excellent. 

This was our 18th Royal cruise so I really did see a difference in food.  Having Mexican night in both the dining room and at the buffet for dinner on the same night was a horrible decision.  

Edited by NJ Gal

On 7/12/2024 at 10:34 AM, johnnydeo said:

Understand the cost, however I have purchased the 3 night specialty pkg on Seranade of the Seas

Serenade is one of our favorite ships.   We love this ship class - perfect size and feel more like how a cruise should feel.     IMO, the speciality restaurants are in a great location with nice views too!     

I base my specialty dining bookings on MDR menus.    Booking on night 1 is a nice way to settle into your vacation. 

Enjoy whatever you decide.

Suggest you look at the MDR menus and then decide which nights you may want to try out that Specialty dining.  Prof Cruise lists them.  They were spot on for our trip earlier this year.  I think the food in the MDR was actually better the first night but as I say many times, food is subjective.  

It was really funny though. I had read a lot of posts on how Giovanni's was better than Chops.  I was like "no way".  Yes, way!  We were floored!  Chops is really good, don't get me wrong. Giovanni's was outstanding.  We will always book both from now own.  

• Like 1

We had booked Jamie's for the 2nd night on our recent cruise on Anthem,nearer the time we checked the MDR menus & decided that the MDR menu for the second night was more appealing than Jamie's menu so we cancelled only for the actual menu in the MDR to be totally different!😙😙