New Sale

FLAlaska

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

All of our future bookings are currently much, much higher in price.  Shell game!  

I booked this cruise on opening day. Usually have seen a price drop and do a refare. I booked this with another 14 day. I refared the 14day to a discounted Interline fare and the 12 day is still a better deal on original day price than an Interline fare. Cruise still looks about 50% open, but still a year away. Every "sale" or offer has gotten progressively more $$.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I booked this cruise on opening day. Usually have seen a price drop and do a refare. I booked this with another 14 day. I refared the 14day to a discounted Interline fare and the 12 day is still a better deal on original day price than an Interline fare. Cruise still looks about 50% open, but still a year away. Every "sale" or offer has gotten progressively more $$.

Read the previous post.  As they say, YMMV. 

20 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

@FLAlaskaI booked 2 cabins on a Caribbean Cruise this morning.  One for my son and his girlfriend and one for me.  I have always gotten double the OBC when solo in the cabin, so for a balcony on this promotion 2 X $100.  Not this time.  They have changed the small print and it specifically says solo travelers only get one OBC.  I don't understand this either since we are paying double the fare.  Just Princess's way of further taking away benefits that have always been there.  In this case, charging solos double but only giving us one OBC.

Exactly what I wrote on another thread about this topic!!! But, yet, there are those people who insist they never got double OBC when sailing solo. Well I'm here to say that we always have - until yesterday's new promo offer. Agree with you about Princess continuing to take away things from passengers. Sad.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 2:08 PM, NWA395 said:

Called our TA to see if this can be applied to a current booking for 2025 and she is checking.  The cruise shows up as qualifying for the additional OBC. I do not want to cancel and rebook as we currently have over $700.00 in OBC and the cruise fare is $460 less than the current sale.  

Not optimistic but will wait to hear back.

Well, I did hear back from the TA that it would require us to rebook which we are not willing to do based on our current OBC and the increase in cruise fare.  Good luck to others.

On 7/12/2024 at 7:54 AM, FLAlaska said:

If anyone is interested, Princess is running a new sale that includes up to $400 OBC on select voyages this weekend.  MIght not hurt to see if it helps you out.

I still dont get that , as a solo, if I have to pay twice the fare , I dont get twice the OBC, but whatever ...

Because even at double the fare the cruise line will still get less revenue with a solo then the same cabin with 2 people in it. Over 30% of revenue is from in board spend.

2 hours ago, NWA395 said:

Well, I did hear back from the TA that it would require us to rebook which we are not willing to do based on our current OBC and the increase in cruise fare.  Good luck to others.

Just now heard back from our TA. He said they refused to simply add the OBC to the existing booking so he is going to cancel and make a new booking. I also just now checked to make sure the pricing hasn't changed since yesterday. Nope. Re-booking is still $34 cheaper and adds on $400 OBC. Princess would be smarter to save themselves the $36 and just add the OBC.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just now heard back from our TA. He said they refused to simply add the OBC to the existing booking so he is going to cancel and make a new booking. I also just now checked to make sure the pricing hasn't changed since yesterday. Nope. Re-booking is still $34 cheaper and adds on $400 OBC. Princess would be smarter to save themselves the $36 and just add the OBC.

Yep - woulda, coulda, shoulda - that's Princess for ya.  No logic in the thinking.

• Like 1

Just got email from our TA. Our booking number has changed but we still have the same cabin. Additionally the cruise is $36 less and we have an additional $400 OBC. YES!!! 😍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Just got email from our TA. Our booking number has changed but we still have the same cabin. Additionally the cruise is $36 less and we have an additional $400 OBC. YES!!! 😍

I did the same thing today - cancelled a booking and rebooked same cabin to get the OBC. The only part is that I have to wait 10-15 business days to get my original deposit back. You would think they could just add the OBC to your booking if you haven’t made final payment.🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ggrun5673 said:

I did the same thing today - cancelled a booking and rebooked same cabin to get the OBC. The only part is that I have to wait 10-15 business days to get my original deposit back. You would think they could just add the OBC to your booking if you haven’t made final payment.🤷🏼‍♀️

Our deposit was made using FCD so it just slid right on over. We got $100 OBC each for using the FCD. We got $200 each for the promo. When I send in out Shareholder OBC request we'll get another $250 OBC. $850 total OBC and we booked with Plus so gratuities, drinks, etc. are already covered. Of course, if we decide to do any Princess excursions the money will go very quickly as Princess has jacked up the cost of their excursions to crazy prices.

• Like 1

TA spoke with Princess who said OBC could not be applied to existing bookings so she had to rebook and transfer everything over. Luckily she was able to get our room numbers back as the category I booked has slim pickings left. Fare also went up since we booked, but still came out ahead with the extra OBC.

19 hours ago, TRLD said:

Over 30% of revenue is from in board spend.

….except for CC members of course 😉  That’s why everyone here forgets.