Queen Anne 14th - 28th July Iceland and bits of Britain.

Victoria2

I've watched a few videos from the QA Queens Room now. It looks better than most ships for dancing. The chair issue wouldn't bother us as long as there is somewhere to leave our drinks. We're quite happy to stand while we drink in the short break between dances.

That of course assumes there is some sort of music that we could dance to. It might not be practical to dance to acrobats background music.

Academic of course, she's not a Transatlantic Liner and we don't cruise.

48 minutes ago, D&N said:

I've watched a few videos from the QA Queens Room now. It looks better than most ships for dancing. The chair issue wouldn't bother us as long as there is somewhere to leave our drinks. We're quite happy to stand while we drink in the short break between dances.

That of course assumes there is some sort of music that we could dance to. It might not be practical to dance to acrobats background music.

Academic of course, she's not a Transatlantic Liner and we don't cruise.

The room seems yet another Marmite issue.

We think it’s fine as do others we speak to. Obviously, that opinion isn’t shared by others. No problem. It is what it is. 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MylesS said:

After cashing in the winnings from the tournament, we participated in the foil fencing. I haven’t done this for years and my partner never, but it was great fun.

IMG_7098.thumb.jpeg.9dad3d58f7247b80d18825db56462921.jpeg

Nice cocktail party last night for CWC guests! Managed to have a quick chat with the captain who asked us if we’ve been on all this time or had a break in between 🤣 it’s my understanding we’ve been onboard as long as he has currently.

Party was followed by a lovely dinner in the Britannia restaurant which was nearing empty by the time we left. 

The ventriloquist was great & very funny, haven’t laughed like that for many others in the past. 

Great photo. Should be included in official Cunard blurb. Real photo with real passengers who, it has to be said, are easy on the eyes.👍

Didn’t get an invitation to any party.  'They' probably knew we wouldn’t turn up. We do have one for next week though.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Devil's advocate here. If seats were taken, it must mean other passengers decided to arrive early enough to get seated.

Gauge the situation and act accordingly. We knew the area would be packed, decided to have an early ish dinner ( crispy duck…the best on a Cunard ship  we have ever had) and go and enjoy an evening of live music which suited our tastes. 🙂

Good for you - as I say horses for courses in terms of venues, choice of entertainment and menu! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Se1lad said:

Whereabouts in QG are you sat Victoria?  We’ve done a linked booking with some friends in November - they are in a Q2 and we are in a Q3 (so 4 of us in total) and I’m interested to know where they are likely to sit us.  

Agree with you that the food in QG on QA is excellent!

This window table for four for example, is still there this July.

I suggest you and your friends add a rider, if you haven’t already done so, to your  booking requesting a window table.

IMG_1048.jpeg

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Craig Lewis- can you post some photos of your sideways cabin on deck 4?

we are booked in one of those in December and have no idea what to expect 

There is a small corridor off to the left it’s the shower room on one side and the wardrobes on the other. The TV was on the wall opposite the bed. Photo was taken from the doorway. If I was having an inside would definitely go for one. Sorry didn’t have one of the wardrobes. Hopefully Craig will have better ones 

IMG_3451.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Craig Lewis- can you post some photos of your sideways cabin on deck 4?

we are booked in one of those in December and have no idea what to expect 

I've seen YouTube video comparisons of the two types. Not sure who by. It might have been Paul and Carole Love to Travel.

• Like 1

Doesn’t have a sofa but a desk chair and a sort of arm chair 

we like the additional window as it makes the cabin really light

we have booked 4061 same layout already for a future cruise as we like the layout a lot

also in a weird way we feel like, after numerous cookie cutter Britannia cabins , that it’s somehow a completely different holiday if that makes sense.

• Like 6

Apologies; I didn't realise there were balcony cabins of that configuration.

The comparison videos I suggested folk look for were all inside cabins.

1 hour ago, Craigrlewis said:

we have booked 4061 same layout already for a future cruise as we like the layout a lot

also in a weird way we feel like, after numerous cookie cutter Britannia cabins , that it’s somehow a completely different holiday if that makes sense.

Do you have any pics of the balcony please?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Craigrlewis said:

I like this layout a lot. I have made a note of the number and the other similar ones. See how I get on with the larger balcony on same deck. Where are the wardrobes ? I bet these  may be popular. Thanks for posting. 

Edited by Winifred 22

Beautiful first day in Iceland so far. I left the ship at around 13:30 for some lunch, and then walked along the sea front area (the same route the shuttle bus takes, just closer to the ocean) 

Once there I explored the local area and also found where the shuttle busses pick up and drop people off. 

I went for some drinks in a local what I could be describe as a mall near the concert hall. 

From there I took the shuttle back to the ship to relax a little. 

I may go out again later for a meal but we’ll have to see how we’re both feeling (partner is currently on an excursion)

Some photos of my walk/exploration

IMG_7122.thumb.jpeg.df3145990dc541ea7838c84e47c906cd.jpegIMG_7125.thumb.jpeg.88c8a7c8bdd6e5a68498cdce679af1dc.jpegIMG_7128.thumb.jpeg.cb245834615574751ced3ef151f71a29.jpegIMG_7130.thumb.jpeg.010398df61e5b38fc198bdee89b2624f.jpegIMG_7137.thumb.jpeg.d70a6fb1211be3d701f9b1176e972074.jpegIMG_7142.thumb.jpeg.81de22e371b05622b72fc979d501ef40.jpegIMG_7151.thumb.jpeg.0f115f556025e4c045e01cb34e3decdf.jpegIMG_7152.thumb.jpeg.e8cf89082fe3bbcbf3747e45980cea03.jpeg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Craigrlewis said:

so yes is a bigger than normal balcony but it is obstructed

Depends on what height you are. If you are not very short, and taking snaps with anything other than a wide angled lens, the foreground obstruction wouldn't really obstruct the view.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NE John said:

@Victoria2  Please don’t forget to special order the grillled octopus as we enjoyed in QG last month. 

“We” as DW and I on QE QG.  Not to confuse you if you were wondering “when did NE John and I have grilled octopus in QG?”…

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, NE John said:

“We” as DW and I on QE QG.  Not to confuse you if you were wondering “when did NE John and I have grilled octopus in QG?”…

I knew what you meant😀 I'll see if I can fit it in.

Disappointing pud on the menu last night. Crème brûlée, my fav onboard but this one was a crème caramel only not enough caramel to make it a true version.

l'll order it as a special and specify the ramekin version with a hard, crackly top.

Hmm, QG, let down by a crème brûlée which wasn’t. Major catastrophe! 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

This was our balcony view first thing yesterday.

As this is our fourth visit ( the first one being a five day stay years ago) we didn’t bother getting off the ship but went up to deck eleven to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Didn’t last long. Flippin 'eck, the wind whips across the deck. Fortuitously, I brought a pair of M&S thermal leggings with me as they’re cozy pull ons to laze around in.

Add a fleece jacket and cuddle up in the blankets and we got our fresh air fix. 👍

IMG_1123.jpeg

Edited by Victoria2
Added photo
  • Like 6