Cabin A218 Noordam Asia 2024

Posted (edited)

You could check halfacts - if there aren't pictures of that cabin, there may be some of a "sister" cabin.

Welcome to CC!

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment

Hi @Stevelidd and welcome to Cruise Critic!  I have stayed in a cabin in the same location on Noordam's sister ship, Zuiderdam.  I loved the location because it's near the aft elevator and can get easily to the locations I used the most on the ship....Lido Buffet, Main Dining Room, Seaview Pool/bar and is a half ship away from the Ocean Bar and all the central areas.  The elevators didn't create noise in the cabin at all!

There aren't any lifeboats below your balcony so have a clear view down to the water.

Halfacts.com has some pictures of similar cabins on the sister ships. (Oosterdam, Zuiderdam, Westerdam)  They will look about the same as yours with possibly different decor depending on when the picture was taken.

5139 – Noordam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

Also check Cruisedeckplans.com

Do you have any specific questions?

~Nancy

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, oakridger said:

There aren't any lifeboats below your balcony so have a clear view down to the water.

Halfacts.com has some pictures of similar cabins  They will look about the same as yours with possibly different decor depending on when the picture was taken.

5139 – Noordam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

The halfacts photos referred to above were mine. Cabin 5139 on Noordam looked the same in Feb 2024 (same somewhat sagging sofa). I liked the location so booked the same cabin (and same again on Westerdam in a few months.

I like the location and the fact that as @oakridger mentioned these cabins have a clear view down to the water (as opposed to VA category cabins which I could have booked with the CO upgrade)

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Edited by boeckli
  • Thanks 1

We were on Deck 5 (can’t remember the cabin number) but it was very close to the tenders and because of that, our balcony was much smaller which is something to be mindful of if you like to sit on your balcony. 

6 hours ago, ozcruizer said:

We were on Deck 5 (can’t remember the cabin number) but it was very close to the tenders and because of that, our balcony was much smaller which is something to be mindful of if you like to sit on your balcony. 

@ozcruizer Good point about the VA deck 5 cabins' slightly smaller verandahs in the middle above the tenders/lifeboats. The cabins aft of the "bump" have standard balcony areas, which I find are very nicely sized for this class of cabin! (of course, my favorite is the Signature Suites, but as a solo, I don't always sail in them)

image.png.38f038208fd43d25c79bf449dae0002e.png