Champagne in suite

13 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

Has anyone requested champagne instead of wine in suite?

You do get a Bottle of Mercier Champagne in the OT cabins and a piece of paper asking what 2 bottles of alcohol or wine you want to have in your cabin.  I didn't fill out slip of paper the first day and it was removed.  Cabin attendant never mentioned it.  We didn't need any so we didn't ask where the slip of paper disappeared to.

You just ask your cabin attendant for the two bottles of liquor you want and it can be anything that’s in the bars as included liquor, it’s not limited to what’s on the “list” - we never filled out the form - we just spoke to him 

As others have said you’ll get a bottle of champagne in your suite on embarkation - that doesn’t count as part of your two bottles 

• Like 1

I had been told on my cruise, that it is not possible to select another bottle of Champagne to your suite. That you can not substitute it with the bottle(s) of spirits, which you may select for your suite. Does not make much sense, but that was the rule then. 
That was in March. Maybe this has changed meanwhile, but to be honest, since you can get your glass of Champagne anytime anywhere, why bother ? The longer you are on the ship, the less desire you have for any alcoholic drink anyways. Well that was at least my experience after let’s say 10-12 days onboard. Heartburn sets in at one point for sure. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I know I'll be judged but .... we would take *ahem* libations to our numerous beach stops.

We would use the Grey Goose in our cabin with the tonic and other mixers in our fridge. The cocktail shaker, I mean Explora water bottle, would happily go in our Explora tote bag and ultimately ashore.

As the bottles were placed in the garbage, they were all magically replaced each time the room was serviced. We were never told that we were at our limit!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mike@sea said:

The longer you are on the ship, the less desire you have for any alcoholic drink anyways. Well that was at least my experience after let’s say 10-12 days onboard. Heartburn sets in at one point for sure. 😉

Mike, Mike, Mike .... you have to push past the heartburn.....

We'll have to start training you before your next go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Maybe order a bottle of champagne from room service with some nibbles? On Seabourn we do this a lot with caviar. Not sure if Explora do this but we will find out in just over 60 days!!

• Like 3

We received the champagne on ice when we arrived in the room, they also decorated the room with balloons for my birthday. We also were able to get a bottle of Grey goose for the room as well as a bottle of the Sauvignon Blanc that I like that the ship serves. It did not come until the second evening though. We only got the water bottles and a tote bag and not all the other nightly goodies that were previously mentioned.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2024 at 2:33 PM, Dr. Cocktail said:

I know I'll be judged but .... we would take *ahem* libations to our numerous beach stops.

We would use the Grey Goose in our cabin with the tonic and other mixers in our fridge. The cocktail shaker, I mean Explora water bottle, would happily go in our Explora tote bag and ultimately ashore.

As the bottles were placed in the garbage, they were all magically replaced each time the room was serviced. We were never told that we were at our limit!

Brilliant! I also happen to have "sunscreen flasks" for such occasions. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momsareader said:

Brilliant! I also happen to have "sunscreen flasks" for such occasions. 

There are two absolutely gorgeous (seriously) Explora water bottles waiting in your room for you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1