$14.99 charge ?

phabric

I have the Standard fare.
I know if I order off the app I will be charged the $14.99 + 18% tip then I can order from the app as many times as I want.

Does the $14.99 cover Alfredo’s?  If so, can I go as many times as I want or 2 like the Plus?

The $14.99 is just a one time fee to get the delivery through the app/Medallion activated.  It has nothing to do with the charges by the restaurants for the actual food.  

• Like 7

What you are paying 14.99 is an ‘activation’ fee for Ocean Now delivery services thru the APP. There ARE some items that are complimentary.

You do not order a casual dining meal thru the APP, but you can order a Pizza for $8.50.

• Like 1

Casual dinning is a separate charge that is applied to every time you visit. If you have the plus package you can visit two times without payment. If you have premier then it is unlimited. If you have neither then every time you go to Gigi's Pizza (for example) then you will need to pay $14.99 for the three course meal.

1 hour ago, akaCruiser said:

Casual dinning is a separate charge that is applied to every time you visit. If you have the plus package you can visit two times without payment. If you have premier then it is unlimited. If you have neither then every time you go to Gigi's Pizza (for example) then you will need to pay $14.99 for the three course meal.

Or you can pay a la carte, e.g., just for a pizza, if you don't want the 3 courses. At least we could do that in February...

Posted (edited)

@phabric I think it’s been answered for you, but this is from the princess website. There are a few items ( food) on the ocean now app that are free,still a delivery fee if on standard fare- explained below.. I think they still are complimentary?? -salad,soup, & cheesy fries,burger,hot dog, sandwiches,desserts ,& more.

What is ocean now delivery on Princess Cruises?

A one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow® delivery and a $5 room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone. OceanNow delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom.

If you have the plus or premier fares/packages, Ocean Now via the app and room service via the phone are included. If you have the standard fare then the first time you use the Ocean Now app you will be charged $14.99. This fee does not include phone in room service.May 2, 2024

Edited by arizonaperson

If you want any sort of pre-paid casual dining, you'll have to spring for a package.  If you order from a roaming server rather than the app, you won't have to pay for OceanNow.  

11 hours ago, SCX22 said:

If you want any sort of pre-paid casual dining, you'll have to spring for a package.  If you order from a roaming server rather than the app, you won't have to pay for OceanNow.  

Thanks for the comment. We won't have any package on one of our cruises & I think paying $14.99 just to use their app is just outrageous.

Especially if it's only for a few times.

• Thanks 2