Britannia Club ‘Offers’

Spence55

We’ve received an email with ‘Britannia Club members’ savings on coming cruises. However the link goes straight to the general cruise page showing ‘offers’ that are no different to those generally available. I can find no advantage in being a Britannia Club member when it comes to the price of a cruise. The implication that there are special offers for Britannia Club members seems no more than a disingenuous marketing ploy. What’s happened to that company? 

• Like 1

I know, it’s confusing isn’t it.  The website prices are sometimes wrong anyway.  I think it’s best to phone Saga to get a quote for the Britannia members discount.  Our friends did this recently and got an extra £500 pp off a Caribbean cruise departing later this year.

• Like 2

I think that you only get the extra Britannia Club discounts if you phone to book, they are not available via online bookings.

It is still confusing, as we booked (via phone) a late cruise last year and got a very good discount, which was actually higher than the one offered on the email. We didn't understand the system at all.

It is, however, annoying when you get Britannia Club special discounts offered by email for cruises that you have already booked without any Britannia Club incentive. And no way to verify that the discount makes the price cheaper than the one already paid...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spence55 said:

We’ve received an email with ‘Britannia Club members’ savings on coming cruises. However the link goes straight to the general cruise page showing ‘offers’ that are no different to those generally available. I can find no advantage in being a Britannia Club member when it comes to the price of a cruise. The implication that there are special offers for Britannia Club members seems no more than a disingenuous marketing ploy. What’s happened to that company? 

Yes unfortunately you do need to call them to get the Britannia Club offers, they are not listed online.  The call centre staff are always very helpful.

7 hours ago, Spence55 said:

Rather harsh! Ring to get the Britannia club price. I got a good deal for the Caribbean.