Sun Princess stopping at Santorini now?

colsky

1 hour ago, lhsail said:

If you are scheduled for August 13 you might make it. Fewer ships in port that day. 

IMG_2396.png

We are on front 10 Aug-31 so keeping fingers crossed 🤞 

I've just looked at the Santorini webcam this morning and there are currently seven cruise ships there. Blimey!

OK, one of them is a smaller Windstar four master, but I've never witnessed so many there in a day. 

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

I've just looked at the Santorini webcam this morning and there are currently seven cruise ships there.

SANT.thumb.png.9f9a07694cc729fda96d1df3006ef94f.png

This is crazy.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 11:13 AM, macaws2 said:

We are on front 10 Aug-31 so keeping fingers crossed 🤞 

If you get to stop I would appreciate a brief update on how your experience was. We board August 31. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lhsail said:

If you get to stop I would appreciate a brief update on how your experience was. We board August 31. 

I will,,, we should definitely kniw by the time we leave to fly out on the 9th if there's any changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,,so far it looks like we're still on for Santorini so hope that others traveling after us have the sane luck, leaving this Fri to board on Saturday 10 Aug for 21 days, so again good luck everyone. 

Gladys 

9 hours ago, macaws2 said:

Well,,so far it looks like we're still on for Santorini so hope that others traveling after us have the sane luck, leaving this Fri to board on Saturday 10 Aug for 21 days, so again good luck everyone. 

Gladys 

Thanks Gladys

I'm confident we will stop at Santorini next Tuesday, despite all the naysayers!

We fly out Saturday and will hopefully be on board by 3 pm. Plan B is we board the ship in Naples the next day if we are flight delayed 🙄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roscoe10 said:

Do not be sad to miss this port. Way to many cruise ships in port so walk9ing around is difficult.

Not if you are sitting down having a drink and admiring the great view. Taking the steps up and down is less busy too if you don't want to queue for the cable cars!

There's only 588 steps so no big deal 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Looks like we are definitely going to Santorini the day after tomorrow 👍IMG_7960.thumb.jpeg.710237ba3d232768cced380e8544d3a7.jpeg

Yup,,, we're here too, got on board yesterday afternoon and saw that it's still a go. 

Gladys 

On 7/22/2024 at 12:31 PM, Jadn13 said:

I can’t imagine Santorini with that many ships. I visited in April on the Sun and booked a non Princess tour so it would only be necessary to take the cable car one direction. 
In the end, we walked back down, which I don’t recommend. The cable car lines to get back to the ship are very long and it’s very hot so be prepared. 

I was also on in April on the Sun we were the only large ship in port and I think likely took the same tour as you but even so we had to wait in line for over an hour to get on the cable car back to the ship and that was just people from our ship cannot even imagine if there were numerous ships in port.    

• Like 1

For those of you who really want a good experience in Santorini, book a cruise that either starts or ends in Athens and spend a few days in Santorini either before or after your cruise. The port visit is not enough time to appreciate the island, the logistics between tendering and the cable car are a nightmare, and it’s only been getting worse with more ships and revised itineraries.  Seriously, take the time, you’ll be glad you did it.