BYO - footstools, etc. - Response from Executive Office

Just bring your stool or whatever 

A cruise ship logistically cannot promise the optimal facilities for individual problems,.just like any hotel 

It's a win -win if you make your own arrangements 

If I was an executive in a company selling luxury cruises, I would be mortified if pictures showed up or it was mentioned that guests needed to bring furniture on board in order to be comfortable in their cabins  !  😵‍💫

• Like 9

On 7/17/2024 at 12:57 PM, Liao said:

I am genuinely curious as to how this lounger issue has become so prevalent.  In all of my comparatively limited cruises, I have only ever had a lounger on the Edge Villa.  Otherwise never on Celebrity or NCL.  I have watched a bunch of balcony room videos on YouTube and rarely have I seen loungers on regular balcony rooms on any of the lines I have seen.

We usually sail NCL and while "regular" balconies won't fit a lounge chair, we've always had them when we booked aft facing rooms with larger balconies or when we booked suites. We also had them on our Magic Carpet Suite balcony on Celebrity Beyond last week. So every time we've had a balcony large enough to comfortably hold them.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 11:33 PM, rapister said:

A cruise ship logistically cannot promise the optimal facilities for individual problems,.just like any hotel

Maybe that's true for Carnival or Motel 6, but anything advertising itself as 4* or higher should certainly be able to accommodate special needs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Celebrity can accommodate special needs. However, it is unrealistic to expect them to accommodate every special need. I worked with special needs kids and parents for years and am well versed in accommodations especially in regard to ADA. Doctor’s notes have become meaningless because people have abused and misused them. I’m hoping Celebrity can accommodate this woman’s request. 

Edited by Jeal
  • Like 1

I'm sailing on Reflection in Sept Concierge Class. What type of chair do they have on those Verandas. Are they high back or low?  I will be driving to port and was thinking about bringing a folding foot stool if the chairs are high back. If they are like the ones that look like they belong in the Ikea Cafeteria then a foot stool wouldn't work. If they have a small table I could use that as well.

14 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm sailing on Reflection in Sept Concierge Class. What type of chair do they have on those Verandas. Are they high back or low?  I will be driving to port and was thinking about bringing a folding foot stool if the chairs are high back. If they are like the ones that look like they belong in the Ikea Cafeteria then a foot stool wouldn't work. If they have a small table I could use that as well.

We sailed in Concierge class on Reflection in Sep 23. We had high back reclining chairs with footstools.