New to Viking - Liquor Purchase Question

cruise101

I understand Viking allows one to bring ones own liquor on-board.

Rather than lugging a bottle of scotch (or gin or cognac), do they also sell liquor by the bottle in the shops on the ship?

If so, is there a link that shows what is typically held in stock in the ship's shops? Also, are liquor prices on the ship duty free and thus cheaper than what you'd pay in port?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, cruise101 said:

Rather than lugging a bottle of scotch (or gin or cognac), do they also sell liquor by the bottle in the shops on the ship?

If so, is there a link that shows what is typically held in stock in the ship's shops? Also, are liquor prices on the ship duty free and thus cheaper than what you'd pay in port?

Liquor is not for sale by the bottle. Even if it was, I would expect it to be marked up at the same rate as the wine (about 3X). Drinks are very reasonable by cruise line standards if you don't want to bring your own bottle aboard. 🍺🥌

Edited by CurlerRob
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cruise101 said:

They do sell wine by the bottle.

Interesting choice of words though....   I wouldn't call taking a single bottle of liquor aboard as "lugging" .    It doesn't weigh that much!  We've done it many times as well as several bottles of wine!!  

If you are on a WC they will put liter bottles of your choice of spirits in your cabin.  Or just buy a bottle at the next port and lug it home to the ship>

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

If you are on a WC they will put liter bottles of your choice of spirits in your cabin.  Or just buy a bottle at the next port and lug it home to the ship>

Jim

if this was a possibility on the 2024 WC aboard Sky it was kept very quiet…at least for those of us in DVs 

1 minute ago, Clay Clayton said:

Jim

if this was a possibility on the 2024 WC aboard Sky it was kept very quiet…at least for those of us in DVs 

Haha, #neptunegetsitall

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Jim

We were also DV people.  On the Inaugural WC we got a fill it out form for 4 bottles.  So at subsequent WCs I asked and it was provided.  Never got another form in advance but always replenished as the bottles got low.Whether in the room or at the bar we can only drink so much.  Then its time for ice water....

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 7:30 PM, CCWineLover said:

They do sell wine by the bottle.

Interesting choice of words though....   I wouldn't call taking a single bottle of liquor aboard as "lugging" .    It doesn't weigh that much!  We've done it many times as well as several bottles of wine!!  

lol, I plan on “lugging” many wine bottles back from port😉🍷💪🏻

• Like 1