Pools Open Before Sailaway?

kidz_rn

Just returned from the Z on the 3/18 cruise. Wished I'd known before it was hard watching my boy see all the other kids in the pool. Both the Lido and Aft pools should be open. Remember to pack your swimsuits in your carry-on as it'll be awhile til you can get to your luggage. It was a great trip I hope the great weather and seas continue for you too.

Thanks for the quick response! We will pack our carry-ons with all our poolside needs. Glad to hear your just-concluded cruise on Z was great with good weather and smooth seas.

Shifting gears now with two other questions:

(1) Was the hair dryer in the room powerful enough? (1500+ watts)

(2) If you had a verandah, what furniture was on it?

Kidz_RN

Not sure which "Z" you are talking about.

When we were on the Westerdam the Aft pool was open at embarkation but the Lido pool had flowers floating in it and was closed until the next morning.

Many times the pool is open, but keep in mind at times it is not. I have been on cruises where for whatever reason the pool was open.

Sorry about that. :o I meant to say "I have been on cruises where for whatever reason the pool was NOT open".

Thanks for the quick response! We will pack our carry-ons with all our poolside needs. Glad to hear your just-concluded cruise on Z was great with good weather and smooth seas.

Shifting gears now with two other questions:

(1) Was the hair dryer in the room powerful enough? (1500+ watts)

(2) If you had a verandah, what furniture was on it?

Kidz_RN

The hair dryer my wife laments was not the best and recommends bringing your own. Yes, we had a deluxe verrandah cat VF with 2 nice chairs, a foot stool and small table, but because we much foward of midship on desk 4 the balcony wall is solid steel not the plexiglass as in other staterooms, although looking up you were given a deeper deck than the upper staterooms or so it seemed. It was large enough to store our snorkel gear, wet suits, ect and still sit out and enjoy the day. Great for coffee and danish in the mornings, you'll love it.

K&R Curt -- Sorry, Z is for Zuiderdam. Didn't realize HAL has another Z ship (Zaandam).

Phoneguy -- Yes, we will bring the hair dryer. Our verandah room is close to mid-ship, VF 5100's. Plexiglass barrier would be preferrable to solid steel, but not gonna worry about it . . . I can smell that coffee and taste that danish!

Another question: Is it true that in each room, fresh ice and glasses are provided, but no water pitcher?

K&R Curt -- Sorry, Z is for Zuiderdam. Didn't realize HAL has another Z ship (Zaandam).

Phoneguy -- Yes, we will bring the hair dryer. Our verandah room is close to mid-ship, VF 5100's. Plexiglass barrier would be preferrable to solid steel, but not gonna worry about it . . . I can smell that coffee and taste that danish!

Another question: Is it true that in each room, fresh ice and glasses are provided, but no water pitcher?

You will have a glass fronted veranda in a mid ship veranda deck cabin.

There is fresh ice and glasses but I don't recall a water pitcher. We had brought along a 2 qt. plastic pitcher that we made crystal light lemonaid in. I would think that if you asked your sterward for a water pitcher he/she would be happy to get one for you.

Archived