Icon- Ice Skating Question

4 hours ago, CHolliwood said:

Does anyone know if there are public skating times on Icon?  Any issues with bringing your own skates?

The app may list that - look at close in sailings.

You can bring your own skates, but very unlikely it's worth the effort.

I skated in May. It was tough to get a full schedule before and during the sailing. Yes please bring your own skates. The ones they provide are a hybrid hockey/figure skate with an ice pick on the blade. Not good if you are used to hockey skates.

You should be able to see the skating time frames on your phone app ahead of time. 

You'll need to bring long pants and socks.  

Skates would be a space hog; I can't see bringing your own for the short time you'll be skating.

6 hours ago, georgemoe said:

I skated in May. It was tough to get a full schedule before and during the sailing. Yes please bring your own skates. The ones they provide are a hybrid hockey/figure skate with an ice pick on the blade. Not good if you are used to hockey skates.

do they not have a regular hockey skate. On other ships that I have been on they had regular hockey skates as well as figure skates

11 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

do they not have a regular hockey skate. On other ships that I have been on they had regular hockey skates as well as figure skates

I didn't see both types of skates so can't answer that. The skate I had was a hockey boot and blade but with the ice pick on the toe of the blade. All the skates looked the same to me.