I HAVE TO ASK

bencruzN

If you have to ask, then please ask.

Since your subject line had NO QUESTION, your response rate may be low.

After all, 90% of the people here are ASKING a question, so....

Alaska via Spirit 6/2/04

Then there's the issue of how many people have an answer to this question. As far as I'm concerned, travel insurance is travel insurance, and with all the money I've saved not buying it, I could pay for a cruise.

Gael

Norway 1994

Norway 7/00

Grand Princess 7/01

NCL Sun 7/02

Zuiderdam 9/03

Elation 11/04

this link might help. we always use global alert. i know they cover trip delay. hope this helps

http://www.totaltravelinsurance.com/travel-insurance-company-list.asp?c=127

Proud members of O.A.T.C.

Inspiration Sept,2001

Celebration Jan,2002

Celebration Oct.2002

Conquest Sept, 2003

Elation Feb. 2004

Elation Nov, 2004

am369.gif

from the Alligator capitol of Texas- we dance to the Raggae beat!!!

Swimming_down.gif

[This message was edited by oldmedic on 06-18-04 at 02:09 PM.]

I think travel insurance for cruises is a good thing. If your own health insurance doesn't cover illness or accidents in foreign countries, it's coming out of your pocket. If you have to get medivac'd off the ship, it's coming out of your pocket...and that can run into 10's of thousands.

If you're paying more for a cruise than you can afford to lose if you can't go, getting the insurance is worth the $175 per person to have it.

My next cruise is going to cost about $5,000 for 2 of us..the insurance cost $350 for 2 of us...well worth it IMO.

I have used travel guard for several cruises. Never had to submit any claims but I hear they are good.

Mardi Gras 4/1988

NCL Norway 8/1990

Sensation 8/1996

Sensation 4/9/2000

Paradise 2/1/2002

Triumph 1/31/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/5 Paradise- Panama Canal

I have taken travel insurance out since returning from my first cruise. On that cruise, I found out how important having insurance was. A traveling companion required medical attention while on the cruise. Her medical bills totaled nearly $7,000! We hadn't taken out Travel Insurance (we were young, healthy, didn't think it was needed) so it was all out of pocket.

I've taken travel insurance out for every cruise since then and have ended up having to use it 4 times! For me, it is worth the $50.00 I pay to have it.

NCL Sunward 1992

Premier (Big Red Boat) 1998

Sovereign of the Seas 2000

Fascination 2001

Carnival Spirit 2002

Carnival Conquest 2003

Enchantment of the Seas 2003

Sensation 2004

Elation Christmas Cruise 2004

I think it's well worth it too. You never know what can happen, no matter how healthy you are or what your age is.

I've used Travel Guard and just recently used the insurance recommended by Walmart Travel for a cruise I booked through them.

I personally prefer Travel Guard. Their insurance covers pre-existing conditions, travel delay and cancellation, baggage, etc. I have had to file a claim and they refunded my money promptly. I have had to use insurance twice, so I find it VERY VALUABLE. I say don't leave home without it.

I am a travel agent and always stress to my customers how important it is and that even young people might need to use it - you never know.

Hope that helps,

Donna

Sapphire Princess, Sep 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

TOO BUSY SELLING CRUISES AND VACATIONS TO TAKE THEM. I WISH I COULD BE ON ALL THE CRUISES THAT I HAVE SOLD IN THE PAST YEAR.

Fascination, June 97

Destiny, July 98

Paradise, July (ALMOST) 00

Ecstasy, Feb 01

Destiny, Jan 02

Grand Princess, Feb 03

Zuiderdam, May 03

Serenade of the Seas, Sep 03

Sapphire Princess, Sep 04

Archived