Sky Suite dining rooms question

hmcrn

Hi everyone!  We are thinking of reserving a sky suite on the Edge.  If we do that are we limited to dining in Luminae?  Or are we able to try any of the main dining rooms?  We have never been on Edge, so wanted to try the 4 main dining rooms since it is a new concept and intriguing.  

We have dined in Luminae on the Eclipse, and were able to order off the main dining room menu as well as Blu, but it is my understanding that you cannot do that on the E series ships.  Thanks!

Just now, hmcrn said:

Hi everyone!  We are thinking of reserving a sky suite on the Edge.  If we do that are we limited to dining in Luminae?  Or are we able to try any of the main dining rooms?  We have never been on Edge, so wanted to try the 4 main dining rooms since it is a new concept and intriguing.  

We have dined in Luminae on the Eclipse, and were able to order off the main dining room menu as well as Blu, but it is my understanding that you cannot do that on the E series ships.  Thanks!

You are free to go to MDR any time that you want to.  You can go to Blu but it is on a space available basis.

• Like 2

In general it is difficult for the Luminae staff to get food from the MDR on the E class ships. Has it happened, yes. Is it the norm no. After our last cruise on Apex. I'm liking E class a little more, but if I have the option I will book a non E class ship just because of the limited food options in Luminae on E Class ships.

I have read that it can be noisy and more crowded, that's why I was hoping that we could change it up and go to one of the other dining venues.  Sounds like we can, so that will work for us.  

I've also read that the outdoor retreat can be crowded and noisy as well?  We are not sunbathers, but do appreciate a dip in the pool or hot tub on some days.  

The Sun Deck can get crowded at peak times but I have always found places to sit.  As for noise, not nearly as noisy a main pool area. Rarely any children and no loud music, or pool games on the Sun Deck.

• Like 1