Simply more excursion prices

As part of the Simply more package we get a certain amount of money towards the excursions.  What is confusing me is when I look at the price of the excursions, there are 2 prices per example below.  If I book more excursions than I have in the allowance, do the additional excursions still come under the Simply More package prices? or are the additional tours charged the 'Tour Price".  Under O life, there was a 25% discount if you got a certain number of excursions, but my TA said that wasn't in affect for our tours on Marina.  I am thinking it is because the Simply more price is already a 25% discount.  Can someone who has booked on Simply more please try to explain this me?  Thanks!

image.png.7912f6e59addece45c110ac9bc35b8a2.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lindaglenn said:

As part of the Simply more package we get a certain amount of money towards the excursions.  What is confusing me is when I look at the price of the excursions, there are 2 prices per example below.  If I book more excursions than I have in the allowance, do the additional excursions still come under the Simply More package prices? or are the additional tours charged the 'Tour Price".  Under O life, there was a 25% discount if you got a certain number of excursions, but my TA said that wasn't in affect for our tours on Marina.  I am thinking it is because the Simply more price is already a 25% discount.  Can someone who has booked on Simply more please try to explain this me?  Thanks!

As you already seem to be doing, I would question your TA's experience and knowledge of Oceania. 

• Like 2

The process is the same as under Olife.....there is one price if booked individually and a lower price (25% off)  if you book the minimum number of excursions for your specific cruise.  The number required for the SM Excursion price is noted on the shore excursion page

SELECTED TOUR PACKAGE

when you click on the question mark next to the words "Selected tour package"

Once you have selected your excursions, your SM shore excursion credit will be deducted from the total cost owed.  If you total cost is more than your SM shore excursion credit, you will pay the additional  with other OBC or credit card.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lindaglenn said:

There is a Simply More Excursion Package which is a 25% discount off all excursions which you book a certain number of excursions, just like the old OLife YWC program.. It is not automatic. The number depends on the number of port days in the itinerary and is specified in the pdf that lists all excursions.  Below that number you pay the "Tour Price."  The allowance is simply funny money and does not invoke any discount. On some shorter cruises, the Simply More Excursion option does not appear.  Your TA should explain that to you and send you the pdf of your excursions if he/she hasn't done that already.

Edited by 1985rz1

5 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

There is a Simply More Excursion Package which is a 25% discount off all excursions which you book a certain number of excursions, just like the old OLife YWC program.. It is not automatic. The number depends on the number of port days in the itinerary and is specified in the pdf that lists all excursions.  Below that number you pay the "Tour Price."  The allowance is simply funny money and does not invoke any discount. On some shorter cruises, the Simply More Excursion option does not appear.  Your TA should explain that to you and send you the pdf of your excursions if he/she hasn't done that already.

We are still over a year away, so we don't have the official excursion list yet.  She said she ALWAYS had the 25% discount on the excursions for everyone, but Oceania told her it wasn't available for Marina (and only Marina) because they are using a different booking system then the rest of Oceania (whatever that means).  She said she would check on it again when we were eligible to book our tours.  She is very knowledgeable about Oceania and had never heard that one before either.  It may be just because it was over a year out and the person at Oceania didn't know - she did say she would verify it for us when we needed to book.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

We were able to receive the 25% discount for our 5 excursions on Marina.

I was too, but had to call my TA ands ask her about it. I gueszs I could have called O directly, but my TA handled it. I think it is thre usual bad O website, you dont get it unless you ask

Note:  SM 25% discount is dependent upon # of cruise days, and minimum # of port days.  

It would be helpful for O to publish this specific information for obtaining the SM Shorex discount.

I just phoned Oceania and the agent said my Caribbean cruise wasn't eligible for the 25% discount....he didn't know why, just that not all sailings are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Note:  SM 25% discount is dependent upon # of cruise days, and minimum # of port days.  

It would be helpful for O to publish this specific information for obtaining the SM Shorex discount.

It is published - when you go to look at shore excursions, you will find a question mark next to "selected tour".  When you hover over the question mark, it will tell you how many excursions are necessary for the 25% discount on your specific cruise,  The number varies depending upon length of cruise and number of ports..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, airhose said:

I just phoned Oceania and the agent said my Caribbean cruise wasn't eligible for the 25% discount....he didn't know why, just that not all sailings are.

It is not always available on a shorter cruise with limited ports. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, basor said:

It is published - when you go to look at shore excursions, you will find a question mark next to "selected tour".  When you hover over the question mark, it will tell you how many excursions are necessary for the 25% discount on your specific cruise,  The number varies depending upon length of cruise and number of ports..

I will rephrase my "published" comment.

When looking at a cruise that has not been booked, shorex prices are listed:

1.  Full price

2.  SM price

3.  Unlimited price (if  booked under prior Olife)

When SM price is listed, it will be available at that price, however I cannot find minimum # of shorex booked to get the SM discounted price.  If SM price is N/A, then SM discount is not available on that cruise.

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

I will rephrase my "published" comment.

When looking at a cruise that has not been booked, shorex prices are listed:

1.  Full price

2.  SM price

3.  Unlimited price (if  booked under prior Olife)

When SM price is listed, it will be available at that price, however I cannot find minimum # of shorex booked to get the SM discounted price.  If SM price is N/A, then SM discount is not available on that cruise.

The #3  is irrevant, as that option is no longer available for new bookings.

O does not provide an algorithm that states how many excursions are required for the SM discount.  Maybe your TA can find out in advance, but short cruises frequently don't have that option.  If the site says N/A, then I would assume it's not for that specific cruise.  A good TA will be able to sort it out.

• Thanks 1

Based upon our recent cruise and our two upcoming cruises, a general rule of thumb seems to be the # of port days divided by 2 and plus 1 to get to the magic number.  That has been the scenario on these three and all since SM. Again, just a general way to give you a decent idea…not sure on rounding in some cases but assume they would round up. Been my experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1