If I cancel a dining package bought with a mixture of OBC and credit card, is the OBC refunded immediately?

Hi there,

Quick question. I've bought packages/excursions etc before and refunded them, then purchased again if a better price (sale!) becomes available, I'm aware doing so takes a few days for your originals purchase to be refunded to your bank or credit card. This is just using my credit card.

But I've never purchased something with a mixture of OBC and my own money, if I see a better deal on my currently booked dining package and wish to jump on that, if I cancel my current order, does anyone know how long the OBC takes to go back on your account?

So I could them theoretically and quickly use that reimbursed OBC to pay some of the now better priced package?

Would suck if I cancelled my current order for a better sale price, but the OBC takes a few days to return to my account, and by then the sale has ended. 

Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)

Purchases we've made with ship sponsored OBC and then canceled had the OBC credit applied to the planner immediately.  When we've done this over the phone, for instance, the credit and confirmation email appeared before we hung up.  We have canceled purchases on line and then repurchased at the lower price in the same transaction.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Purchases we've made with ship sponsored OBC and then canceled had the OBC credit applied to the planner immediately.  When we've done this over the phone, for instance, the credit and confirmation email appeared before we hung.  We have canceled purchases and then repurchased at the lower price in the same transaction.

Same for me.  I always book and/or cancel both via my cruise planner.  As soon as I do, I receive both an email and I can see the deduction or credit back to my OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, OBC should be refunded immediately. You might have to refresh the screen for the OBC to show, but it should be immediate.

I just did that with WiFi for my cruise leaving Saturday. I got it at 25% off and it was 30% off when I popped in today just to look at other things.

• Thanks 1