Celebrity Norwegian Fjord Itinerary Help

Looking at two options on Celebrity in June 2025. Both are on Celebrity Apex.

12nt - Bruges, At Sea, Flam, At Sea, Tromso, Honningsvag, At Sea

Geiranger, Alesund, Haugesund, At Sea

7nt- Bruges, At Sea, Flam, Geiranger, bergen, At Sea

Obviously the 7nt is significantly cheaper. I think a lot of people will say they prefer the 12nt cause it's longer (checks out). Anything else? This will be our first trip to Norway. Thanks in advance for any help! Just looking for advice from people who maybe have done both?

Both are very good itineraries.
7 nt is a traditional Norwegian Fjords cruise with three of the best ports in Norway.

12 nt is an Arctic Circle cruise with North Cape and midnight sun in June and July. Also includes the two deep fjords to Flåm and Geiranger.

From 2026 there are restrictions on cruises in these two fjords.

It depends on what you’re looking for. Just the Norwegian fjords, or do you also want to include Arctic Norway? Tromsø and Honningsvåg are two of the top 3 Arctic ports, so if you’re looking to travel farther north, it’s a good itinerary. If you are just keen to visit the fjord region, you can save the money and take the shorter trip.

We just did a similar itinerary to the 12 night on the Sky Princess this past summer, and the fjords are amazing. It’s great that both options include Flam and Geiranger. I will say that the added opportunity to cruise into the Arctic Circle, see the Midnight Sun, and visit North Cape via our stop in Honningsvåg was amazing. I’m so glad we chose an itinerary that included those Arctic circle ports. 

• Thanks 1

If you have the time and resources to include the Arctic circle, do it.  When will you be back again?

We just did a 7 night fjords only. As much as I wanted to do an itinerary with the Arctic Circle, the timing just wasn't right for us.  Now, I don't know if we'll ever get back that way.  

• Like 1

We are booked on the 7 night in September of 2025. As much as we wanted to try for something longer, the timing wasn't right and with the UNESCO fjords being off limits to most ships in 2026 we took the 7 night one. We are happy with our choice and will spend a few days in London pre (and maybe post) cruise.

I'll dissent a bit.

To me, the seven day cruise is a great option.  And while going all the up North to the Artic Circle is neat, to me, Norway is about fjords and cities - and the 7 day is the a great, albeit short, list of highlights.

If money and time are no option, sure, go with the 12 day option.  But if they are, consider yourself blessed and take the 7 day option.

• Like 1