New "Amount Due" just appeared on my payment schedule

We are 40 days out of our cruise on Getaway, we've fully paid the balance for the cruise and service charges months ago and our payment balance has been zero since. Just today I noticed the Amount Due updated to €-19.41. Does anyone know what that small amount could possibly be? Also since it's a negative figure, does that mean we are due to be paid that or do we have to pay? 

My guess: NCL glitch! There was a widespread similar thing about a year ago. At first I (and many others) were told we had a ridicilously high amount to pay. So high it was obvious it wasn't right.

Then a week or two later we got that negative balance. My PCC checked and all looked all right in the system, where he could  se, and a week or so it went away.

But it could also be something to do with an excursion. Better check with somone!

• Like 1

Do as @BirdTravels says. Call NCL, whether you used a Personal Cruise Consultant or not. If there is an issue with the payment (in your favor or not) you want it noted that you called. 

@Asawi is likely correct that it's a glitch, but never, ever trust your cruise to a glitch. 

Let us know how the call with NCL goes! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JoLoca2208 said:

We are 40 days out of our cruise on Getaway, we've fully paid the balance for the cruise and service charges months ago and our payment balance has been zero since. Just today I noticed the Amount Due updated to €-19.41. Does anyone know what that small amount could possibly be? Also since it's a negative figure, does that mean we are due to be paid that or do we have to pay? 

We had that happen and it was caused by something my DH unwittingly did on the app.  I'm the one who books our travel and he did not know (or realize the significance of) his Latitudes No.  So, unbeknownst to me, he got a new number.  This "demoted" him from Platinum to newbie.  The small extra charge was caused by him loosing his Platinum discount on already purchased shore excursions.  Ask your traveling companions if they (teens?) if they have been playing around in the app.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

We had that happen and it was caused by something my DH unwittingly did on the app.  I'm the one who books our travel and he did not know (or realize the significance of) his Latitudes No.  So, unbeknownst to me, he got a new number.  This "demoted" him from Platinum to newbie.  The small extra charge was caused by him loosing his Platinum discount on already purchased shore excursions.  Ask your traveling companions if they (teens?) if they have been playing around in the app.

Ok, I think this might be a similar situation, but in reverse. Every time I'm booking the cruise, the system applies my Platinum status, but for some reason it puts my hubby as first timer. He then have to email NCL with his Platinum details and ask to change his status. He did that a while back, but they only acted on it today. Also today, I have booked a couple of excursions without looking if his status was updated or not. So this might be some adjustment after his status was finally updated.   

• Like 2

I just spoke to NCL and they confirmed exactly the above, it is an adjustment on a shore excursion cost due to change in a Latitudes status. They will refund it to my card within 14 days. Thanks everyone who replied!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

In the time it took you to log on, find this dorum, and post you question, you could have called NCL and gotten the correct answer to your inquiry.  No one her can give you anything other than a guess or opinion.  sometimes a phone call is your bwst option!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoLoca2208 said:

I just spoke to NCL and they confirmed exactly the above, it is an adjustment on a shore excursion cost due to change in a Latitudes status. They will refund it to my card within 14 days. Thanks everyone who replied!

Glad to see you resolved it.  NCL was clueless when I called them and we have a very nice PCC we've used for years.  She got it removed for us but I only figured out what had happened a few days later on my own because the math lined up with the shore excursion discounts.

• Like 2