Balloons Prohibited

I seen that one of the Prohibited items passengers  can't bring one the cruise ship are balloons does mean if an family with young children about 3 years old to 6 years broght an balloons from theme park liseberg back on ship the cast/ staff member would refuse the child/children to bring the balloons on board even if parents complain that child/children want keep it as an souvenir and memory of spending the day in liseberg theme park.

08_liseberg.jpg

10 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Yes. They are dangerous to the environment.

"Sorry mrs simpsons your 4 year old daughter Maggie can't bring balloon from liseberg theme park back on board the ship"

So if child started to cry "wahhhhh wahhhhh mommy why is staff member cast members not letting be bring infleted balloon from liseberg theme on the ship" 

1 minute ago, Maxgoof1992 said:

"Sorry mrs simpsons your 4 year old daughter Maggie can't bring balloon from liseberg theme park back on board the ship"

So if child started to cry "wahhhhh wahhhhh mommy why is staff member cast members not letting be bring infleted balloon from liseberg theme on the ship" 

Because they are prohibited. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shopaholic6 said:

Because they are prohibited. 

I know there Prohibited but child as young as four years old wouldn't understand why is Prohibited to bring an balloon on board even though the parents explain to them that bring an balloon on board the ship could dangerous to the environment and could harm sea creatures or fish.

Does it really matter? The security team will enforce the rules and will not allow prohibited items on board. Now, I'm sure they'll do it in a way to not upset a 4 year old, but no, that balloon isn't coming aboard.

• Like 2

Prohibited items are sometimes held and returned once back in port. I don't know if they'd do that for something cheap like a balloon though. If it's some sort of keepsake, I'd deflate it prior to arriving at Port and place it in your suitcase. It will probably go unnoticed as just a piece of plastic.

1 hour ago, Maxgoof1992 said:

I know there Prohibited but child as young as four years old wouldn't understand why is Prohibited to bring an balloon on board even though the parents explain to them that bring an balloon on board the ship could dangerous to the environment and could harm sea creatures or fish.

Well any responsible parent wouldn’t buy it in the first place, knowing it was prohibited to take it back on the ship.

• Like 2

Hi there,

I work on as a Port Agent on behalf of Disney Cruise Line and other cruise lines.

While we are not able to allow balloons on board, there are many other memorable pieces of souvenir you can bring onboard from your Port Adventures or non-affiliated adventures.

The reason why Disney Cruise Line do not allow Balloons onboard are because it may affect our navigational equipment and may distract the bridge, especially if it falls in the water as it could look like a person in the water and may cause the bridge to take unnecessary action. Balloons are also harmful to the environment and may create waste in the ocean, which marine wildlife ingest, and may be harmed by this waste.

We thank you for your understanding in our policies, we ensure that our guests will have a Magical Experience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2024 at 2:06 PM, Maxgoof1992 said:

A responsible parent would not buy the balloon and would purchase something else for their child thereby not causing the child any distress and not putting the poor employee from being put in a difficult position by the parent's poor planning

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

That's the parent's problem, not Disney's. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 6:49 PM, SolentCruises said:

Hi there,

I work on as a Port Agent on behalf of Disney Cruise Line and other cruise lines.

While we are not able to allow balloons on board, there are many other memorable pieces of souvenir you can bring onboard from your Port Adventures or non-affiliated adventures.

The reason why Disney Cruise Line do not allow Balloons onboard are because it may affect our navigational equipment and may distract the bridge, especially if it falls in the water as it could look like a person in the water and may cause the bridge to take unnecessary action. Balloons are also harmful to the environment and may create waste in the ocean, which marine wildlife ingest, and may be harmed by this waste.

We thank you for your understanding in our policies, we ensure that our guests will have a Magical Experience.

I knew about the potential environmental impact, but that's interesting about the other distractions. Thsnks for sharing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously? A four year old can be educated. Be a responsible parent and let your kid know that if the balloon were to escape (I think we've all had a balloon escape from our hands), it's possible a precious sea creature or bird could be killed by the balloon. Educate your kid or just don't put yourself in the position by purchasing a balloon. 

Seriously! 

• Like 1