What did you love about meraviglia?

michelle028

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Checking the YC menu.. I'd love to do that one morning 🙂 

I'm really looking forward to brunch in a couple weeks. Brunch is more my speed than breakfast...on normal days I don't eat anything until 11am...and it's normally an omelet...so pairing steak with that will be amazing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MonsterJoe said:

I'm really looking forward to brunch in a couple weeks. Brunch is more my speed than breakfast...on normal days I don't eat anything until 11am...and it's normally an omelet...so pairing steak with that will be amazing.

It was super filling in a good way and gave me good energy all day.

On 7/25/2024 at 7:00 AM, dexddd said:

We've been four times.  All YC.  Pizza but all in fleet have it and very consistently good.  Either order to room or sit at table by station and wait for a hot one.

Hola's and BC.  The Brass Anchor has always been fun.  Last YC dining experience was very sub par.

On 7/24/2024 at 8:00 PM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

The Pizza!  
The overall atmosphere of the ship and shows.

The Spa salt room.

The delicious Italian deli meats and cheeses in the buffet.

The Glitz.

20 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I tried every single brunch item, except maybe one. I loved them all! I had the strawberry shortcake three times. Each time it was delicious. 

In my opinion though, the steak and eggs was the best. It was the perfect size for a late breakfast. I sure hope that they keep the brunch menu, because it a game changer for me! I enjoy sleeping in on my vacations and I don't know of any other cruise line that serves brunch in the MDR. Please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong!

And how was the food on ocean cay BTW? 

Ps. SO HAPPY to know you enjoyed the brunch!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michelle028 said:

Ocean Cay food was not very good sad to report.  The only thing I liked was the jerk chicken.  The rest was not very tasty or fresh in my opinion.

23 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I tried every single brunch item, except maybe one. I loved them all! I had the strawberry shortcake three times. Each time it was delicious. 

In my opinion though, the steak and eggs was the best. It was the perfect size for a late breakfast. I sure hope that they keep the brunch menu, because it a game changer for me! I enjoy sleeping in on my vacations and I don't know of any other cruise line that serves brunch in the MDR. Please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong!

Carnival serves brunch on sea days.  It started as a comedy "George Lopez" themed brunch many years ago. They dropped the comedy part and kept the brunch.  Royal Caribbean served a brunch on sea days in the Mediterranean style restaurant on Oasis class.  Not sure if they still do.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 3:22 PM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Steak and eggs and strawberry shortcake was delish.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I would get some vanilla ice cream on the side next time with the strawberry shortcake to make it even more scrumptious.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the brunch steak and eggs and strawberry shortcake 😀 Vanilla ice cream on the side does sound scrumptious! I'll try that next time I cruise on MSC! Did you try any of the other brunch items, and enjoy then?

P S. Sorry for the delay in responding... I've been working extreme amounts of overtime, while simultaneously trying to help my sick wife (she got COVID really bad, worst case yet, unfortunately) Thankfully, she's better now and my week looks much lighter at work next week!

On 8/2/2024 at 9:40 PM, michelle028 said:

The Ocean Cay food was good, but not great. We all left full, but not stuffed. It was the typical grilled offerings, plus some other chicken dishes and such. They did have some good pasta salads.

I enjoyed being able to use my beverage package on the island! I don't drink alcohol, so I had loads of bottled water and a couple sodas. Much easier than carrying water bottles, and cheaper/safer than buying water ashore! BTW: If you want a quiet bar with great bar tenders, go to the lighthouse bar. It's a short walk from the beaches, but worth the trip!

Compared to Perfect Day at Coco Cay, the food was lower quality. For someone that loves a serene and beautiful beach, MSC's Ocean Cay wins by a long shot! I found the island to be visually stunning! None of the beaches were overcrowded. I look forward to going back post renovation!

8 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the brunch steak and eggs and strawberry shortcake 😀 Vanilla ice cream on the side does sound scrumptious! I'll try that next time I cruise on MSC! Did you try any of the other brunch items, and enjoy then?

P S. Sorry for the delay in responding... I've been working extreme amounts of overtime, while simultaneously trying to help my sick wife (she got COVID really bad, worst case yet, unfortunately) Thankfully, she's better now and my week looks much lighter at work next week!

We did try another international egg dish and it wasn’t very good.  I think it was the Japanese dish with fried chicken and we mixed it with a Latin dish.  The head waiter had recommended it but I didn’t like it,  the steak and eggs was much better.  My husband had the Mexican egg dish which he said was very good,

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 8:55 AM, luckyinpa said:

the YC breakfast and lunch pool buffet is so good i almost never went to the restaurant for those meals. it's great to be eating out on the deck and the service is excellent.

I just booked out of NY 01.05.25.   Wondering how many days they will have the breakfast and lunch pool buffets?   Will it be too cold until they go South?

I am a big fan of the al fresco dining.  

1 hour ago, DMH15 said:

I just booked out of NY 01.05.25.   ...   Will it be too cold until they go South?

Usually May 1st is temperate, though you can get some colder days. My very first time flying out of Logan/Boston on May 1st had snow flurries.

2 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Usually May 1st is temperate, though you can get some colder days. My very first time flying out of Logan/Boston on May 1st had snow flurries.

I’m thinking they may mean Jan 5, not May 1.  EM

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

We did try another international egg dish and it wasn’t very good.  I think it was the Japanese dish with fried chicken and we mixed it with a Latin dish.  The head waiter had recommended it but I didn’t like it,  the steak and eggs was much better.  My husband had the Mexican egg dish which he said was very good,

I remember that Japanese dish with fried chicken. Thanks for the reminder; I actually thought that it was delicious. The rice by itself was a little dry, but adding the fried chicken made it great. I can definitely see that dish as being hit or miss though, as there wasn't a lot of flavor!

The variety of food options is one of the greatest things about cruising. I get to try dishes that I'd never pay for on land. If I don't like them, I get something else!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

You might want to keep in mind the European way of recording dates vs. US style 🙂

Noted.  Should have typed Jan. instead.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I remember that Japanese dish with fried chicken. Thanks for the reminder; I actually thought that it was delicious. The rice by itself was a little dry, but adding the fried chicken made it great. I can definitely see that dish as being hit or miss though, as there wasn't a lot of flavor!

The variety of food options is one of the greatest things about cruising. I get to try dishes that I'd never pay for on land. If I don't like them, I get something else!

We mixed it together with this other dish on the right as was recommended.IMG_5992.thumb.jpeg.b30dacc1e3b02b1ea226605f67113c28.jpegIMG_5993.thumb.jpeg.d8549e621553d12acc7c0c6326428547.jpeg

• Like 2