July 25 weigh-in

Welp!  I am up about a pound and half.  I'm not surprised though.  My diet during our vacation did not allow for my usual fruits and salads.  Even my water consumption was down.  

Izena, I am glad that things are getting back to normal where you live. 

JustUs275 - looks like you and I are in the same boat.  It will come back off though.

I'm short on time this morning.  I have to head out to my Portuguese class!

Have a great day!

Hopeful not bad after vacation.   

still not weighing.  Working on getting back to good habits until that happens no sense in weighing. 

Thanks for starting the week I got my days mixed up.   So glad I have house generator. Since storm we’ve had lots of light rain but the ground is saturated — a good wind will blow over trees already loosened by derecho and hurricane.  Lights go out anywhere from a minute to an hour several times a week.  

I’ve been on a cleaning binge. Shampooed carpet.  Thoroughly cleaned my son’s room since he’s gone for a month.  

Hopeful, I think that's good after a vacation! I'm sure you'll be right back on track. 🫠

Izena, I need to gear up for a cleaning binge! LOL This coming week is my last full week before I go back to my part-time job in the classroom, so a good thorough cleaning is in order! 

I'm relieved to report that I lost about 2 lbs. Now to just keep that downward/maintaining trend! Our cruises are coming up quickly and I want to be at the lower end of my goal weight range before we leave. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

What are the rules, if any, for posting/joining this group? Is everyone on a specific diet plan or exercise plan?  I've got "Grove Season" (what we call tailgating at my alma mater during football season) starting in a month and a cruise in March 2025. Really want to lose some weight before Grove Season and hopefully keep losing before the Holidays (where I'm pretty sure I'll gain weight especially if my boys come home for Christmas).

On 7/27/2024 at 5:24 PM, olemissreb said:

What are the rules, if any, for posting/joining this group? Is everyone on a specific diet plan or exercise plan?  I've got "Grove Season" (what we call tailgating at my alma mater during football season) starting in a month and a cruise in March 2025. Really want to lose some weight before Grove Season and hopefully keep losing before the Holidays (where I'm pretty sure I'll gain weight especially if my boys come home for Christmas).

OleMissReb, I apologize for not posting this sooner.  It's been crazy busy here.  If you are still around, this is probably the loosest discussion board I have come across on Cruise Critic.  The only rules I am aware of are the standard keep it civil, keep it on topic.  I am fairly new to the group as well and what I have observed is that we all intermittently check in on Thursdays and state whether we lost or gained, and discuss factors in our lives that might be inhibiting or helping us attain our weight goals.  We do not appear to have a leader of the forum at this time, so whoever wants to be the first to post on Thursdays does so, and everyone who wants to post will respond to that post.  That keeps it to one main post a week, and then all the responses to it are contained in that thread.  This is not a "rule", it is just what I have observed.  It has been suggested that we post recipes, tips, exercises, or things that work for us.  Or you can ask if anyone has suggestions to help in your weight loss journey.  As I mentioned above, it is not a real active group and there appears to be a core group of people that routinely post, and then a few that occasionally post.    

I hope this is helpful.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HopefulCruiser123 said:

OleMissReb, I apologize for not posting this sooner.  It's been crazy busy here.  If you are still around, this is probably the loosest discussion board I have come across on Cruise Critic.  The only rules I am aware of are the standard keep it civil, keep it on topic.  I am fairly new to the group as well and what I have observed is that we all intermittently check in on Thursdays and state whether we lost or gained, and discuss factors in our lives that might be inhibiting or helping us attain our weight goals.  We do not appear to have a leader of the forum at this time, so whoever wants to be the first to post on Thursdays does so, and everyone who wants to post will respond to that post.  That keeps it to one main post a week, and then all the responses to it are contained in that thread.  This is not a "rule", it is just what I have observed.  It has been suggested that we post recipes, tips, exercises, or things that work for us.  Or you can ask if anyone has suggestions to help in your weight loss journey.  As I mentioned above, it is not a real active group and there appears to be a core group of people that routinely post, and then a few that occasionally post.    

I hope this is helpful.  

Thank you! I've got 4 weeks to lose some weight before tailgate/football season starts so I need to try and lose something before then.  Hopefully I can get on a roll and keep losing thru the holidays before going on my March cruise.