Port Parking

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Which port? That way we can direct you to the proper ports of call board to ask.

Thank you , Galveston, Texas. The actual name of the facility is Port Parking.

Edited by Softservekid1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mikayla73 said:

You might try @Saint Greg's site too. There's lots of info about the port of Galveston in there and I think I remember he had some flooding in Galveston at some point in one of his trip reports I read. 

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/category/port-of-departure/galveston/

Yes it would be on jubilee embarkation day. Parking lots were safe but roads to them, not so much. I parked at discount parking and the water getting to it screwed up the cover to my fuel line $500.

IMG_9202.thumb.jpeg.ff1e82784423e9e3ea0c

Edited by Saint Greg

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

I'm parking at Port Parking. Its covered but is it flood proof? During Beryl, I heard there was some flooding near the piers.

6 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

Thank you , Galveston, Texas. The actual name of the facility is Port Parking.

Howdy @Softservekid1 from a fellow Texan!

Your new thread has been moved to North American Homeports - Gulf Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed from Galveston or live there frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you. 

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you found us! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list of the various forums. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Hope this will be helpful!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Edited to add:

Here is an email from Port Parking (not Port of Galveston), the one located at 37th and Harborside with indoor parking:

IMPORTANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR PORT PARKING
Due to an impending rainstorm expected tomorrow and throughout the weekend, we anticipate high delays. Additionally, with three ships scheduled to be in port this weekend, we are expecting a particularly busy time.
Here's what to expect

Arrival - Please plan to arrive at the port at least One Hour early to accommodate potential delays.
Parking - Our team will be on-site to assist you with parking and ensure a smooth process despite the weather conditions.
Safety Measures - We recommend bringing rain gear and preparing for wet conditions to ensure your comfort and safety.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. You can give us a call at 855-435-7678 or email us at Manager@portparking.com.

We are here to assist you and ensure you have a smooth and enjoyable cruise experience!

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.